This is the weekend that fans from the University of Oklahoma and the University of Texas meet in Dallas for the annual Red River Rivalry football game.
(A little trivia: almost nobody actually refers to the game as the Red River Rivalry. The correct name is the OU-Texas game.)
It’s a really big deal: the city is awash in red and orange, stores decorate for the game, the restaurants fill up, hotel rooms become hard to find. It’s almost like a holiday.
I’m part of the Oklahoma expat community here in Dallas, so this weekend I’m busy with the game and playing host to friends from the Motherland.
This means that there won’t be the usual AAdvantage or AA related post, and instead, I’m having a Reader Giveaway!
Here’s your chance to win an either an American Airlines or a Cathay Pacific amenity kit. The Cathay Pacific kit was donated by a generous reader (and UT Longhorn fan). Thanks Mike H!
I’m making it easy to win the American Airlines kit, all you have to do is guess who will win the football game: OU (likely) or Texas (yeah right).
• I’ll have a random drawing on Monday to pick a winner.
• You don’t have to guess the correct answer to win, all you have to do is leave a guess in the comments section.
To win the Cathay Pacific amenity kit, I’m making it a little more difficult:
• Place your guess with a winner (just like above) and both teams’ score in the comments section.
• The closest to the actual score of the game wins.
• If we have a tie, whoever comes closest to guessing Oklahoma’s actual score, closest without going over, and then first received will be the tie breaking order.
The game will begin tomorrow (Saturday, October 13) at 11 AM Central, so you’ll have to enter by kickoff. One entry per person.
Good luck and have a great weekend!
Photo: OU-Texas Game Day at the Cotton Bowl
Credit: cybertoad on Flickr