UPDATE: No new registrations are now eligible. The promotion has met its number of registrations.
I’ve posted on this a few times (prior blog post), but just wanted to remind you all that today, November 26th is Small Business Saturday. In a nutshell, this allows you to receive a $25 statement credit for a $25+ purchase at a participating small business with your American Express card. You can only receive one credit per American Express card, but there is no limit to the number of cards you can register.
To qualify for the promotion you must:
- Register for this promotion.
- Search to see the participating small businesses in your location. Once on the Facebook page, click the + sign next to “See where you can shop to earn your $25 statement credit,” enter your zip code, and click “Go.”
- Use your American Express credit card on November 26 for a $25 or more purchase. If you have multiple Amex cards and an expensive purchase (i.e., restaurant bill), you can always break up your purchase into multiple transactions – this will give you a $25 statement credit on EACH card.
Things to know:
- Corporate cards are not eligible.
- You do not have to use your credit card in a local area matching your billing address.
- It is still unclear if additional registered cards on the same account will qualify – my gut instinct is no, but you never know!
- You do not need to submit any additional documentation to get the credit, this should automatically apply to your statement. Just make sure to check your bill to ensure you received the credit.
Enjoy your free $25 (if not more for multiple Amex cards)! I will be using mine at a nice restaurant in Boston with my husband (we will have a total of $100 FREE)!