This post is from 2011, to check out the 2012 Cyber Monday Airline Deals, go here.
I have received a bunch of emails today offering Cyber Monday deals for airfare. I checked out a few flights and actually some some pretty good deals. Most offers are for TODAY only and will not last long.
Keep in mind that if you are unsure of your travel plans, many airlines allow you to cancel within 24 hours (Delta, US Airways, United, Continental). American Airline allows you to put a flight on hold for 24 hours or pay $5 for a 7-day price lock. The low cost carriers, unfortunately, do not allow much in terms of cancelling the following day. If you already have a flight on Southwest or JetBlue, this is a good time to re-check the existing price, and if the fare went down you are eligible for a credit for the difference.
- Frontier: Get 10% off any flight for travel through March 7, 2012. The promotion code “CYBER10″ can be used all day November 28th until 11:59pm PST. www.frontierairlines.com
- American Airlines: Discounted flights for travel departing between January 3 – February 11, 2012. All travel must be complete by February 16, 2012. Must book by 11:59pm CST on November 28th. www.aa.com
- Southwest: Discounted flights for travel December 8, 2011 – February 15, 2012 (blackout dates: December 22, 2011 – January 3, 2012). Fares begin at $59 each way. Travel valid every day except Sundays. Must purchase by 11:59pm PST on December 1, 2011. www.southwest.com
- AirTran: Discounted flights for travel December 8, 2011 – February 15, 2012 (blackout dates: December 22, 2011 – January 3, 2012). Travel valid every day except Sundays. Must purchase by 11:59pm PST on December 1, 2011. www.airtran.com
- Alaska Airlines: Discounts on most flights between December 6, 2011 and March 7, 2011. Flights to/from Mexico are valid from January 10 – February 12, 2012; flights to/from Hawaii is valid from January 16-February 14, 2012 and March 2-March 7, 2012. Fares start at $40 one-way. www.alaskaair.com
- Porter Airlines: Canadian-based airline is discounted fares by 20%. Travel by February 29, 2012 and book by November 29, 2011. Must use promotion code “GIFT20.” www.flyporter.com
- Qatar Airways: Discounted flights leaving from the US (25% for economy class, 20% for business class, and 15% on first class). Travel between January 1 and May 31, 2012. Sale ends November 28, 2011. www.qatarairways.com
- US Airways: US Airways vacations is offering some discounts for travel between November 27, 2011 and June 30, 2012. Vacations must be cooked by midnight November 28, 2011. Save $165 on any international destination or Hawaii when you stay 5 nights or more and use promo code BLACK165. Save $65 on Las Vegas, Florida or any domestic destination when you stay 3 nights or more and use promo code BLACK65. www.usairwaysvacations.com
- Virgin America: Charter a round-trip flight for you and up to 145 friends on any domestic, nonstop route in Virgin America’s network (excluding Mexico). The cost for this is 60K, but if you do the math, it actually only comes out to $410 per person – not too bad! The charter flight must be redeemed by January 28, 2013 for travel by May 28, 2013. You also must book 4 months in advance. This deal can be purchased through Gilt City.