UPDATE: This offer has expired. The current offer is 25,000 bonus points.
This is just a quick reminder that the limited time 30,000 point bonus for both the personal and business Starwood American Express credit card is ending tonight. Typically, the offer is for 25,000 points upon meeting the minimum spend requirements, but twice a year for the past few years they’ve been offering a 5,000 point bump. This 30,000 point offer is the best you’ll receive, so if you are hoping a better offer will come around, unfortunately you are probably out of luck (although that would be amazing!!).
You can read more about this credit card offer here, but let me quickly recap:
- 10,000 SPG points after your first purchase using the card and an additional 20,000 SPG points after you spend $5,000 in the first 6 months on the card
- No annual fee for the first year – $65/year thereafter
- One (1) SPG points for every $1 spent on every day purchases and one (1) additional SPG points for every $1 spent at participating Starwood properties (for a total of four (4) points)
- Receive 5 nights and 2 stay credits toward SPG elite status each year (if you have both the business and personal card that will equal 10 nights and 4 stays towards status yearly)
- Gold status if you spend at least $30,000 per year on your card
I’ve mentioned this before, but I believe SPG points and Chase Ultimate Reward points are the two most valuable point currencies. Both are extremely flexible and allow you to redeem for both hotels and airlines without being pigeon-holed to one program. My personal favorite for SPG points is the ability to redeem Cash & Points as I am able to get an average value of 4 cents per point (keep in mind though that everyone will value their points differently). I actually have a stay in December where I am going to get a value of about 13 cents per point at the Le Meridien Dead Sea!
If you’ve been keeping up with this blog, you’ve probably already read through my most recent series highlighting the Starwood Preferred Guest hotel program, but if not, here is some light reading for you! This will help you fully understand the perks of the credit card and also the value of the points you’ll earn.
- Perks of the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card (and limited time 30,000 point bonus)
- Understanding Starwoods Cash & Points Redemption
- Getting your 5th Night Free with Starwood Points
- Redeeming your Points for Hotels & Flights
- Transferring your SPG Points to Airline Miles
- Getting Starwood Status and the Perks
- Top 10 Starwood Preferred Guest Program Questions
If you’ve been planning on applying for one of the two cards (or both!) then do not let tonight slip by. If you do though, chances are you’ll probably have another opportunity in 6 months or so, but there is no guarantee.
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express (personal): Earn 10,000 bonus points after your first purchase on the card and another 15,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on the card within the first 6 months.
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express OPEN (business): Earn 10,000 bonus points after your first purchase on the card and another 15,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on the card within the first 6 months.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. My goal is for you to travel on a deal! As always, thanks for your support!