This past year Radisson has had some great free night promotions. Twice already we’ve seen that you can earn 50,000 bonus points (max 1 per account) just by staying at a Radisson hotel. A similar promotion is being offered again, but instead of receiving the 50,000 points per stay, you’ll receive a free night certificate that expires December 31, 2013. I highlighted this promotion at the beginning of the month when it was announced, but this is a reminder that the last day to actually register for the promotion and book your qualifying stay is TOMORROW. This does not mean you must stay by tomorrow, but just reserve the room for a stay through December 31, 2012.
- Book a stay at any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel in the US, Canada, or Caribbean by October 21 for travel through December 31
- You must first register for the promotion and book your stay at radisson.com (third party bookings will not count)
- You must book a qualifying rate – this includes those made directly from Radisson and not from a third-party site; the rate also must qualify for points, which includes almost all rates except Friends & Family rates (yes, AAA, pre-paid rates, etc. do count as well as Cash & Point reservations)
- Only stays booked starting October 1 will qualify
- Within 14 days you’ll receive a free night certificate which will be valid for reservations at any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel in the US, Canada, or Caribbean through December 31, 2013
- Free night certificate will be linked to your account and you can book your reservation online
- Free night certificates are limited to one per account
My experience: I have not yet taken advantage of this promotion, but my Dad did. He stayed at an airport hotel prior to his flight that allowed him to leave his car at the airport for up to 14 nights. They had an early flight and were going to stay at the airport anyways, so this worked out perfect. Chances are I’ll be booking a few more reservations on my moms account just so she can get the free night certificate. They have no hotel need, but they are able to get rooms for less than $90 where they live, so it is worth it for them to spend the $90 to get a free night. This will probably be used for a free night in New York City or the resort in Aruba. The Aruba hotel goes for over $400/night, so this is a great redemption for the free night certificate!
I’ll probably book a night as well that I can always cancel – need to decide how many free nights I actually want. If you aren’t 100% sure if you want to partake in the promotion, I still recommend registering and booking a reservation in case. You can always cancel (just don’t book a pre-paid rate), but if you miss tomorrow’s deadline you are out of luck.
To book your free night: Since my dad already partook in this promotion, I was able to see the free night certificate automatically attached to his account. When I went to make a reservation for a mock booking in Aruba, I saw the following:
Essentially, it just shows 0 points required for the stay, and that is the rate you book with. It is really easy! To search for all the US, Canada, and Caribbean destinations use this interactive map. Make sure to just search for Radisson and Radisson Blu properties.
You can also take advantage of their Fall promotion which is offering:
- 2,000 bonus points per night when you stay one to five nights
- 4,000 bonus points per night when you stay six to nine nights
- 6,000 bonus points per night when you stay 10 to 20 nights
With a one night stay to earn this free night certificate you’ll earn a minimum of 3,000 points (2,000 for the Fall promotion + 1,000 points for booking your stay online). You must register for their Fall promotion here.
I also got a targeted email for triple points for booking my stay online. Since I am a gold member that automatically gives me 2,000 bonus points, but with this triple point promo I’ll receive 6,000 points. That plus the 2,000 points for the Fall promotion will give me an additional 8,000 points for my stay, which is amazing! With these points tacked onto the free night certificate, it will definitely tempt me to take advantage of the promo! Make sure to check old email to see if you receive this email.