I have received a bunch of emails today offering Cyber Monday deals for airfare. I am personally disappointed with the selection of Black Friday / Cyber Monday travel deals this year as I believe last year was much much better. However, it is absolutely still worth it to check them out and see if any of the deals listed below will save you money. I checked out a few flights and saw some good finds, Most offers are for TODAY ONLY and will not last long.
Keep in mind that if you are unsure of your travel plans, many airlines allow you to cancel by midnight the following day (Delta, US Airways, United). American Airline allows you to put a flight on hold for 24 hours. The low cost carriers, such as Southwest, JetBlue, AirTran, Frontier allow you to cancel within 24 hours from the time of purchase. If you already have a flight on Southwest, AirTran, or JetBlue, this is a good time to re-check the existing price, and if the fare went down you are eligible for a credit for the difference.
- Frontier: 1) Fares starting at $49 one way for travel January 7 – March 6, 2013 (excluding Friday and Sunday travel). Must purchase by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, November 29, 2013. www.frontierairlines.com. 2) Fly to/from Princeton/Trenton to Ft. Lauderdale for $69+ and New Orleans for $79+. Myst purchase today for travel February 1 – May 15, 2013. www. frontierairlines.com
- American Airlines: Discounted flights for travel departing between December 3, 2012 – March 7, 2013. Must book today (Monday November 26) by 11:59pm CST. www.aa.com
- Southwest: Travel on December 24 for $100 or less one-way. Purchase today (November 26, 2012) by 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Valid for nonstop flights only. *I checked out a few fares and did see that some were already sold out or more than $100, so if interested, I’d look into this one quickly. www.southwest.com
- AirTran: Discounted flights for travel through March 6, 2013 (blackout dates: December 21 – 23 & 26, 2012 – January 6 and February 15 & 18, 2013). Travel valid every day except Sundays. Must purchase by 11:59pm PST on November 29 2012. www.airtran.com
- Virgin America: Take 10% off Cyber Monday Fares. Use coupon code CYBER10 through 11:59pm PST today (November 26, 2012). Offer is valid only for nonstop travel and non-refundable Main Cabin tickets only. For routes BOS-LAX, BOS-SFO, JFK-LAX, JFK-LAS, JFK-SFO, JFK-PSP, DCA-SFO, FLL-LAX, and FLL-SFO, the discount will apply for travel between January 7, 2013 and March 6, 2013. For all other routes, the discount will apply for travel between December 4, 2012 and March 6, 2013. Blackout dates: 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26 and 12/30. 2013 blackout dates are: 1/1, 1/2, 1/5, 1/6, 1/18, 1/21, 2/15 and 2/18. Also, the first 3,000 people will have free wi-fi. www.virginamerica.com
If you find any other Cyber Monday travel deals, feel free to comment below and I’ll add to the list. I’ll be updating this throughout the day.