I am currently on a layover in Zurich on my way to Israel – thank you cease fire! Yesterday was a little rushed with packing so I had to hold off on my weekly recap email until right now, which is about 2:30am back in New York. As you are well aware by now, at the end of every week I do a weekly recap post to ensure that you do not miss out on anything from the past 7 days. The following pages also serve as your one-stop-shop to keep up to date on all the deals and promotions available. You do not want to miss any of this!
- Promotions - The most up to date credit card, hotel, airline, and car rental promotions
- Credit Cards - A list of my top credit cards for free travel
- Free Money - Compiled list of the American Express sync promotions where you will receive a statement credit at many merchants
- Chase Freedom credit card has announced their 5x bonus spend categories for 2013. Most quarters are similar to this current year, but Q2 might be the challenging one to hit the $1,500 spend maximum.
- Select Radisson and Country Inn & Suites hotels are offering 30% off for travel December 21, 2012 through March 2, 2013 – book here and use promotion code “30PCTOFF” by December 21, 2012.
- You have three more days to purchase a $50 Brookstones gift certificate voucher for $25 via LivingSocial. This is valid for in-store or online purchases through December 24, 2012. Also, currently with Living Social, if you spend $25 through December 2, you’ll receive a promotional code for $10 to use on a future deal December 23 through January 5, 2013.
- Through December 15, Marriott is offering some special hotel deals in Florida for travel through January 31 ,2013. Look at this previous post to see participating hotels.
- If you’ve ever been to Jamaica, let’s help out a reader by providing some recommendations in the comments section!
Ways to keep up with Deals We Like alerts and posts:
- Deal Alert text messages: Once in awhile amazing fares come available that you do not want to miss. These are typically, “Act Now” fares or one day only sales. Let’s hope for some more great deals! You can read this prior post to learn how to sign up.
- Social Media: You can follow me on Twitter or Facebook. For those that already follow me, you are probably aware that I am much more active on Twitter, but I am trying to have more of a presence on Facebook as well. This will help you communicate with me, ask me questions, and find out on the latest blog posts, deal alerts, etc.
- Daily Emails: Subscribe to this site to receive 1 email around 6-7pm EST of all posts from the day. On the right-hand column of the site, you can enter your email address to subscribe. You will then have to verify your subscription through an automated email.
Enjoy the weekend and safe travels! Keep in mind that I’ll be away for the next week or so, so posts will be slightly limited and responses to comments and emails might take a few days.