Hold your horses people – here’s a UK credit card with a DECENT SIGNUP BONUS!
It’s a MBNA Card Co-branded with American Airlines (follow the link on the AA UK Homepage as there’s a cookie issue sadly)
The offer for new card holders:
- 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles when you make a card purchase within the first 90 days
- If you apply by 31st May 2012 you will earn an additional 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles when you spend over £1,500 within 90 days of your account opening.
So an initial 10k on sign-up and first spend, and and up to 20k if you spend £1500 in 3 months.
And this is sad part – the card is one of the better offers on the UK market at this moment in time.
As well as the above bonus miles, here’s the other benefits
- You’ll get a co-branded Amex card and a Visa Card
- 1.5 Miles/£1 on Amex spend
- 1.5 Miles/£2 on Visa spend
- 0% interest on all American Airlines flights for 12 months from the date your account is opened
- No Annual Fee
It’s not a bad card actually. If you can push through £1500 of spend on the card using the Amex card in 3 months on the Amex Card, you’d be looking at
- 10,000 first spend bonus
- 10,000 for the £1500 spend
- 2,250 miles for the actual £1500 spent
- Total = 22,250 miles
That’s not a bad wodge of miles to start with…
Now as a reminder, this is a UK Credit Card. NOT A USA CREDIT CARD.
And as usual, this information does not constitute financial advice and you should always do your own research on top to ensure it’s right for your specific circumstances, and may impact on your credit score. So don’t blame me if you overspend on a card and they come hounding after you.
And it goes without saying, I receive no commission of on the credit card link above. Alternately head to www.americanairlines.co.uk and follow the links.