Well the tool is live… so it’s time to convert those BMI Diamond Club Destination Miles to British Airways Avios (unless there’s a reason you want Diamond Club miles – eg redemption space on Jet, Qatar, Virgin Atlantic or Transaero).
An update before you begin from BMI – Ensure the following is up to date:
- Contact details
- Email address
- Date of birth
in both your Diamond Club and Executive Club accounts. Also note that into Household Account balances are not possible.
How to do it:
1) Go to www.britishairways.com and log into your Executive Account Page
2) Go to Manage My Account
3) On the next page click Combine My Avios
4) You’ll be presented with a screen. Read the T&C’s, and hit Combine my Avios
5) There will be a short load period, and then you’ll be asked what you wish to combine. Select bmi Diamond Club:
6) Next you need to log into your Diamond Club account FROM THIS PAGE to extract the Avios. Fill the form in and press LOG IN AND CONTINUE
7) We’re now getting to the serious bit. If the tool recognises your BMI details, you’ll get your BMI Balance on the right. Now, here’s the biggie. THIS IS A ONE WAY TRANSFER, and you will not be able to move your miles back to BMI.
Providing your happy with this, enter the amount of miles you wish to convert into Avios, and press “Review Combine my Avios”
We’re almost at the point of no return now. Read everything on the screen and ensure you’re happy with the amounts. If you’re not happy in any way, hit “Go back a step”. If you are happy, and agree to the T&C’s, click the check box and hit “Combine my Avios”
9) And now. Wait. It takes a minute or so to complete.
10) And if all goes correctly, you’ll get this screen:
That’s it! Your Diamond Club Miles have been moved successfully. To check it, ignore the big screens and head to your statement. (Click Manage My Account, then My Statement)
11) You should get something like this:
Give it 30 minutes (or log off and log back in again), and the big balances on the right hand side should have updated successfully. You’ll also get two emails – one from your Diamond Club Account and one from your British Airways Executive Club Account.
And that’s all there is to it. Again, make sure you’re happy to remove your BMI Diamond Club Destination Miles as it is a one way process from Diamond Club to Executive Account.
If you’ve got problems transferring, head to The BMI Diamond Club FlyerTalk Thread – http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/1362406-diamond-club-baec-avios-transfer-tool-report-successes-issues.html where a lot of questions have been already answered.