Welcome to GhettoIFE.com on Boarding Area!
I’m your host – Kevin – and I’ll be here to guide you through the maze of modern travel, and hopefully add some insightful comment and humour – along with a sarcastic twist on the side.
With GhettoIFE getting on for 3 years old, I’ve had a bit of a design refresh, and tidied up and a move of home, so for older viewers who make it here – yes, it’s the same content will all the usual sarcasm as always.
GhettoIFE will focus on different things compared to some of the blogs on Boarding Area – such as:
- More European/UK focused news – There is such a limited amount of UK/European Aviation news (and trying to make sense of it can be a pain). GhettoIFE will aim to collect, examine and pass it on.
- Major UK Rail news headlines (mainly infrastructure, and how expensive it is…)
- A Tighter Consumer Watch – Issue that affect you such as Air Passenger Duty, ForEx issues and other consumer issues that affect you in the UK.
- Commercial Aviation News and Routes – Commercial aviation news in a bite size ripped to bits segments.
- Hot Topics – During major groundings, or major aviation issues in the UK and Europe, GhettoIFE.com will cover it.
- Trip Reports – When I actually go swanning off to explore the world.
- Airplane Art/Airplane p0rn – Yes it’s my photography lovefest of air planes All clean for work. Published every Sunday (and yes, it’s being rebranded. Slowly)
- And analysis on IFE and what’s happening in the world of IFE
GhettoIFE.com is updated twice or three times a day depending on what’s going on in the world, when I’m at my base, and a lot less frequently when I’m away travelling.
All the posts have a slightly twisted and humours bent, and of course comments are open. Please feel free to drop your thoughts in.
What you won’t see:
- Award Booking Services – There are plenty of great providers out there (Here on Boarding Area and Upgrd.com).
- Concierge Services - Again, there are some great providers who can help you on your trip (Cranky Concierge comes to mind)
- Niceness when an Airline messes up – because in every messup, there’s a lesson to be learned.
My Ethics, Legal Notes and Etcetera are published and can be found at http://www.ghettoife.com/2009/05/links-and-legal-note.html. This includes my handling of referral links and how certain referrals are treated.
I’m a IT/Systems Administrator by trade based in Birmingham, United Kingdom. I’m a semi frequent flyer, with at least two commutes to Chicago a year. Beyond that I have a habit to find different places to go, and if I choose to go, I’ll write about it here – the fact that I’ll hunt down those miles is besides the point entirely…
I’m also a Semi-Professional Photographer with my work listed at:
- Photoblog – www.photoblog.com/kevincm is where a lot of my travel photography ends up. Some of my more artistic work also is there too as well as, Architecture and Social Commentary… or any other reason to get a camera out.
- My Professional side at at www.raven-imaging.co.uk – Not Safe For Work - specialising in Alternative Fashion and other slightly more mature things.
You can contact me on Twitter ( @GhettoIFE ), through the comment boxes on almost every post or via my inbox at email@example.com (but there’s still no chance of seeing me at FaceBook. I have a few limits luckily for you all!)