I scored a free hotel night yesterday applying Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee. In fact, I found potential Best Rate Guarantee claims with Choice Hotels, Best Western and Marriott yesterday as I planned a Sierra Mountains road trip through California for this coming week.
This post covers the Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee details followed with an example of how two Best Rate Guarantee claims I made yesterday with Choice Hotels and Best Western Hotels had different results.
Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee for one free night.
- Choice Hotel brands: Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban, Econolodge, Rodeway Inn, Ascend Collection.
- You have a confirmed reservation at a Choice hotel made on a Choice branded website (“Booking”);
- You submit the online claim form informing Choice of the lower rate within 24 hours of the Booking and at least 72 hours prior to a 6 pm arrival on the first day of the Booking.
- The difference between the Booking rate and the Competing Rate is equal to or greater than US $1.00 (or the equivalent in the hotel’s currency).
- Choice T&C do not provide a response time for verifying a claim. My claim was approved yesterday within 6 hours of a Friday noon submission for a Best Rate Guarantee claim.
- Approved claim receives first night free and additional nights at lower competing rate.
- Free Night Limit: one (1) free night per household for any thirty day period between Booking check-in dates.
- The limit is in reference to one (1) free night per CRS confirmation number which may include up to 9 individual guest rooms. (Example: CRS confirmation number 54689875 for Mr. Smith is for 6 rooms for 5 nights. The 1st night of stay for each of the 6 rooms is free with the remaining 4 nights at the advertised lower rate for each room)
- Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee T&C.
The one free night limit per household every 30 days is an interesting restriction. Once you have earned a free night each month, then there is only a lower rate match and no additional incentive for approved BRG claims. This same issue applies to the Best Western $100 Travel Card that can only be earned once every 30 days with an approved Best Rate Guarantee claim.
I found another potential BRG claim with another Quality Inn today while writing this piece. No real incentive for me now to file another Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee claim to only save $5.
Tale of Two Best Rate Guarantee claims
I filed Best Rate Guarantee claims with both Choice Hotels and Best Western Hotels yesterday.
Both hotel chains responded to my claim within 6 hours. Choice Hotels approved my claim for a $0 room rate free night.
Notice where it states “Reservation made by: KAYAK SOFTWARE CORPORATION.” Turns out I linked to the Choice Hotels Quality Inn site directly from Kayak.com.
Kayak.com offers direct links to the hotel brand website and Online Travel Agency sites.
- GetaRoom OTA = $58
- Quality Inn website = $60.
- Clicking through Kayak link to Quality Inn for booking the hotel room was allowed for my Choice Hotels Best Rate Guarantee claim.
Best Western denied my Best Rate Guarantee claim stating the link to Best Western through Kayak.com was not a valid booking through www.BestWestern.com.
More on that in my next post on Best Western’s Best Rate Guarantee benefit of a $100 TravelCard.
Related Loyalty Traveler posts:
Loyalty Traveler original post link: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyaltytraveler/2012/07/14/choice-hotels-best-rate-guarantee-free-night/
Ric Garrido, writer and content owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.