Kimpton Hotels has a Beat the Heat summer rate for hotels in Washington D.C., Alexandria Virginia and Baltimore Maryland. The rate after the first paid night ($139 to $199 or so) is reduced to $1 less than the high temperature of the day in Fahrenheit as posted by weather.com.
You can book up to three additional nights at the temperature rate and the additional nights rate is capped at a high of $99.
Beat the Heat Summer Sale
- Book one night with our Beat the Heat rate, and you can get up to three additional nights for $1 less than the high temp of each day.
- Valid for stays: Thursdays-Sundays, 7/23/2012 to 9/3/2012
- Must book with rate code BEAT99
- Complimentary dessert with purchase of entrée at our Kimpton restaurants and lounges (use secret password Beat99)
- Rates starting from $169 for first night of stay; additional nights for $99 or less.
- Donovan House
- Monaco Washington DC
- Palomar Washington DC
- The George
- Lorien Hotel & Spa (Alexandra, Virginia)
Monaco Alexandria (Alexandra, Virginia)
Morrison House (Alexandra, Virginia)
- Monaco Baltimore (Baltimore, Maryland)
Loyalty Traveler Analysis
Assume the first night is $199 and then the temperature is 96, 89 and 91 for the next three days.
- First night = $199
- Second night = $95
- Third night = $88
- Fourth night = $90
- Total rate for 4-night stay = $472.
This is how the deal should work out with the rate for the first night from $139 and up, depending on the hotel. The rates for additional nights are verified and adjusted at check-out. [The George was listed as $139 for first night.]
Hotel Palomar Washington, D.C. = $199 first night
The problem I see with booking this deal online is the hotel booking rate page does not indicate any discount, except in the Rate Type: Beat the Heat Summer Sale link which shows these rate details:
I did not even find a cancellation policy on the booking pages for the offer before confirming the reservation with a credit card.
Hotel Palomar Suite, Washington DC.
This is a deal that I would be more comfortable booking if the rate page at least showed $99 and mentioned an adjustment based on temperature.
I would call the hotel to verify the rate offer when booking this deal.
Other Kimpton Hotels rate discounts:
Loyalty Traveler original post: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyaltytraveler/2012/07/27/kimpton-beat-the-heat-99-or-less-temperature-rates-dc-area/
Ric Garrido, writer and content owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.