Wyndham Rewards has a lucrative promotion and confusing, supposedly targeted promotion offering 16,000 bonus points for one stay at any of 20 new Wyndham and Hawthorn Suites hotels in the USA from August 6 through October 6, 2012.
This bonus may be earned three times for a total 48,000 bonus points.
This offer is confusing in that the offer was mentioned by member samineni3 on FlyerTalk August 6 Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay.
A Wyndham Rewards representative stated August 10 on FlyerTalk that this bonus offer was only sent to Wyndham Rewards email subscribers.
The T&C of the offer state:
To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) click through the email and book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between August 6, 2012 and October 6, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by October 9, 2012.(the “Promotion Period”). Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to 3 stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked.
I am a Wyndham Rewards email subscriber
As is often the case, I saw this email promotion mentioned on FlyerTalk and I did a thorough search of my emails looking for the Wyndham Rewards email for this offer. Most months I receive 5 to 12 emails from Wyndham Rewards. I have no emails at all from Wyndham Rewards in August.
There is uncertainty if this offer will apply without your own personal email from Wyndham Rewards. This promotion has high earning potential at 48,000 bonus points for three stays. The offer is valuable enough to keep my eye on for new developments on the member inclusiveness of the promotion.
Let’s hope it does work out to be widely available to members.
Wyndham Rewards Bonus Points Participating Hotels
- California – Wyndham Irvine Orange County Airport
- Colorado – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
- Connecticut – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
- Florida – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
- Georgia – Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
- Illinois – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Hoffman Estates
- Illinois – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook-Wheeling
- Illinois – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Schaumburg
- Kentucky – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville
- Michigan – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Auburn Hills
- Michigan – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
- Nebraska – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Omaha
- North Carolina – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charlotte-Coliseum
- North Carolina – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro
- North Carolina – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
- Ohio – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash
- Texas – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Park Central
- Texas – Wyndham Dallas Suites – Park Central
- Texas – Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor
- Utah – Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City – Fort Union
Wyndham Rewards Free Night 16,000 Bonus Points T&C
2012 Revere Promotion Terms and Conditions – Free night 16,000 bonus points
To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) click through the email and book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between August 6, 2012 and October 6, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by October 9, 2012.(the “Promotion Period”). Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to 3 stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked. 16,000 bonus points is redeemable for one free night stay at a Tier 4 hotel. Member stays with check-out dates after October 9, 2012 will not be counted towards the Promotion. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For a full list of the 20 participating properties click here. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the bonus points to be credited to their account.
Phantom Stays with Wyndham Rewards
I have only been actively using Wyndham Rewards for the past two years. The FlyerTalk thread revealed a fine point that I did not know.
A term in the Wyndham Rewards program rules states a guest earns points for the stay when the guest is a no-show and the credit card is charged.
Part 2. Earning, Section B. Rule 8. Earning at Participating Hotels, Participating Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (WH&R) Properties and Participating Hawthorn® Suites by Wyndham Properties.
8. If the property requires a credit card for a reservation, the Member is a no-show, and the hotel charges his/her credit card for the first night of the no-show stay, the Member will receive points for such night as if he/she had stayed.
This seems like a good point to know for Wyndham Rewards members. Not sure though this will apply to bonus points from promotions, even if base points are earned on a no-show stay.
Let’s hope this clause doesn’t disappear in the near future.
Bottom Line on Wyndham Rewards offer
This appears to be a targeted offer that requires the Wyndham Rewards member to have been sent an email around August 6.
The offer has been posted on FlyerTalk and WebFlyer. I wonder if Wyndham Rewards will expand this offer to more members?
And why have I not received any Wyndham Rewards emails in August?
I would really like to earn 48,000 points staying at some of these Wyndham Hotels and Hawthorn Suites over the next two months given this opportunity to earn big with Wyndham Rewards.
Ric Garrido, writer and content owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.