Wyndham Rewards has the best basic points-to-miles exchange of any hotel loyalty program. During the month of February Wyndham Rewards will add 25% more points when buying points at $11 per 1,000 points. This means $22 buys 2,500 points. Wyndham Rewards points-to-miles exchange rate for most airline partners is equivalent to 2,500 points = 1,000 airline miles.
- Wyndham Rewards members can normally buy 40,000 points in a calendar year.
- Wyndham Rewards points sell for $11 per 1,000 points.
- Wyndham Rewards offers 25% bonus forpoints purchases in February 2013.
- In February 2013 a Wyndham Rewards member can buy 50,000 points.
- 50,000 Wyndham Rewards points converts to 20,000 airline miles in most airline partner programs.
- Spend $440 for 50,000 Wyndham Rewards points and exchange into 20,000 frequent flyer miles.
- Note: Most points-to-miles transfers are only available at 8,000 points = 3,200 miles; 17,500 points = 7,000 miles; 30,000 points = 12,000 miles.
- You will only be able to transfer 49,500 points for 19,800 miles (8,000 points x 4 = 12,800 miles + 17,500 points = 7,000 miles for 19,800 miles in most programs)
48,000 points for 19,200 miles,if you have no other points in your account. [Thanks to Archon1995 comment showing better algebra solution to maximize points-to-miles transfers.]
Wyndham Rewards Airline Partners for points-to-miles exchange
North American Airline Partners:
- Aeromexico Club Premier Miles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
- Air Canada Aeroplan Miles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Miles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
- Amtrak Guest Rewards Points (8,000 points = 3,200 AGR points)
- Delta Airlines SkyMiles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
- Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns® Miles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Points (8,000 points = 2,400 RR points)
- US Airways Dividend Miles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
- United MileagePlus Miles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
Europe, Middle East and Africa Airline Partners:
- Air Berlin Top Bonus Miles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
- Czech Airlines OK Plus Miles (8,000 points = 3,200 miles)
- PAYBACK Points (8,000 points = 3,200 points for 1:1 exchange into Miles & More miles)
- Saudia Airlines Alfursan Miles (8,000 points = 2,000 miles)
Asia Pacific Airline Partners:
- China Southern Sky Pearl Club Kilometers (1,250 points = 500 km)
- Air China PhoenixMiles (8,000 points = 5,150 kilometers)
- China Eastern Eastern Kilometers (8,000 points = 5,150 kilometers)
- Fortune Wings Club Kilometers (8,000 points = 5,150 kilometers)
20,000 miles for $440 is not a great deal for most USA domestic economy class tickets, but if you need miles to reach an international award level, especially for a Business or First Class award, then $440 might be a good investment in Wyndham Rewards points.
25% more points when Buying Wyndham Rewards points in February 2013.
Ric Garrido, writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.