After applying for the great new Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card on Tuesday, I was immediately approved. I assumed it would be next week sometime before the card showed up. Much to my surprise, it was delivered via UPS Friday afternoon. Interestingly enough, I had signed into my Hilton account online on my way home Friday to see if my HHonors account now reflected my Gold status that is a key benefit of the card, and it did!
Citi and Hilton really stepped up the packaging for this card as well. It’s not quite Amex Centurion worthy, but fancier than I expected, for sure.
Slick marketing for sure. That said, I think this card is backed up with some compelling benefits that make it worthy of your consideration. Those benefits include:
- Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio after $2,500 in eligible purchases within 4 months of account opening
- Earn 10 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on hotel stays within the Hilton HHonors portfolio
- Earn 5 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on airline and car rental purchases
- Earn 3 HHonors Bonus Points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases
- Enjoy the benefits of HHonors Gold status as long as you are a cardmember
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with your Citi chip credit card
- Earn an anniversary bonus of 1 weekend night certificate at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio each cardmembership year with qualifying purchases
Disclosure: If you apply for and receive a credit card through the links provided in this post, I will receive a commission. Please know I appreciate your readership whether you use my links or not.