I have to admit, that I kind of ignored this deal a little until I started reading more of the fine print. While this deal isn’t overly exciting, it actually doesn’t look half-bad as a way to save a little money with Alamo car rentals. The way this deal works is you buy a $50 discount certificate for $25 (or $22.50 with an Amex card), and then you can apply it to a rental to save some money. The info I have been able to find on the similar deal offered last year makes it sound like these certificates are relatively easy to use. Here are the details on the Alamo discount deal:
$25 off Alamo Rental:
- Purchase this certificate (valued at $50) for $25 and use it toward a car rental with Alamo Rent A Car at participating locations. The amount will be applied to the total base rate for the entire rental period.
- Within 5 business days of purchase, Alamo will send the purchased certificate(s) to the e-mail address you provide at time of purchase. The e-mail will provide detailed information on how to redeem your certificate either by phone or online.
- Valid Certificate ID and Contract ID required for all rentals
- Certificate ID may only be used once and is void upon redemption.
- Offer valid on the rental of any size car, subject to availability.
- Taxes and other surcharges are paid separately.
- Offer valid for rentals at participating locations in the United States.
- Certificate amount will be applied to total base rate for the entire rental period, and may not be applied to taxes, other government-authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one (1)-way rental charge, or optional items, which are the responsibility of the renter.
- Must meet standard rental qualifications. You might have to pay extra if you are a driver under the age of 25.
- Check your auto policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage.
- Offer is subject to standard rental conditions.
- Twenty-four (24)-hour advance reservation required.
- Certificate not valid with any other discount, offer, or promotional rate, except you may combine up to three (3) separate certificates per single rental.
- When using more than one (1) certificate, reservations must be made by calling 1-866-626-9102.
- Any unused portion of the certificate will be forfeited, and no residual credit or refunds will be issued if the certificate is not fully used.
- Certificate is not exchangeable, refundable, transferable, or redeemable for cash.
- Void if damaged, defaced, reproduced, bought, bartered, or sold for cash. Cash value 1/100cents.
- Void where prohibited.
- All sales are final.
- Valid for travel anytime.
If you have an upcoming need for an Alamo car rental, and don’t have access to any other discount codes for that rental, this deal is worth considering. You can use up to three certificates for one rental period, so the savings can add up for some rentals. Have you gotten in on this deal in the past, or are you considering it today?
The deal goes on pre-sale at Noon Eastern for those who have liked Alamo on Facebook. The public sale starts at 1PM Eastern and there are 2000 discount certificates available – 500 during the pre-sale. Head over to the Daily Getaways website for more info or to purchase the deal.