The Daily Getaway deal of today is two nights at a Gaylord Resort Hotel for $275 (or $247.50 with the Amex card). There are 99 packages available, and there are four Gaylord Hotels you can use this deal at:
- Gaylord Opryland Resort – Nashville (The Music City)
- Gaylord National Resort – Washington, D.C. area
- Gaylord Texan Resort – Dallas/Ft. Worth area
- Gaylord Palms Resort – Kissimmee/Orlando area
I have never stayed at a Gaylord Resort, but I have driven by the Gaylord Texan and it did look huge! After doing a bit or research, it seems that these resorts host a bunch of conferences, are very large places, and have lots to do on site. The one in Texas has a pretty nice looking outdoor pool complex. I don’t really have much wiggle room to add any trips to our schedule in the near future, but if I did, I would consider a road trip to the Gaylord Texan Resort. Paying less than $125/night to stay at these resorts by using an Amex card appears to be a pretty solid deal since the dates I checked were all in the $200 – $300 range per night. However, as you will see below, resort fees, taxes, and parking are not included. That is actually pretty unusual for these Daily Getaway deals, and based on the reviews I read, I’m sure those charges will add up (the price of parking alone at some of the properties seems to be a common gripe).
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid for traditional (exterior view) accommodations for two people on (2) consecutive nights only at one of the following Gaylord Hotels: Gaylord Texan, Gaylord Opryland, Gaylord National or Gaylord Palms.
- Reservations will be accepted for two (2) consecutive nights for a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday check-in only.
- Certificate does not include applicable daily resort fees, taxes and applicable daily parking charges. These and other incidentals and gratuities are payable by the guest upon checkout.
- Travel must be completed between May 31,2012 and May 31, 2013, and booked a minimum of twenty-one (21) days in advance of arrival. No exceptions.
- Excludes New Year’s Eve; additional blackout dates will apply based on hotel occupancy and availability.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with groups, conventions, catering functions, packages, or other special offers/discounts.
- Not redeemable retroactively.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Certificate is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- All sales are final.
I will be sitting this one out, but if you have been wanting to visit one of these properties for a weekend getaway, this could be a good time to purchase a package. I’d love to know your thoughts on these properties, or if you are interested in buying one of these packages. Packages go on sale at 1PM Eastern today!