We are now in the home stretch for the Daily Getaway Deals. It is the last week of the five week Daily Getaways Deals promotion. This week the hot ticket item will likely be the Hyatt points for sale on Wednesday (mark your calendars if you want a chance at that one), but Monday’s Best Western deal has some hidden value if you are a US Airways Grand Slam addict like me. While of course we don’t know yet if the Grand Slam will be back this year, if it does come back in a similar form to last year, then purchasing this package will serve as two hits in the Grand Slam. The package for sale on Monday is for 10,000 Best Western points, and the transfer amount required for a US Airways Grand Slam hit last year was 5,000 Best Western points: 1,000 US Airways miles and a hit. At roughly $30 a hit with this deal, it isn’t a cheap hit, but it isn’t an unreasonably priced hit either if you are going for a large number of miles. There will be other hits that will be more expensive than this one. I didn’t do a Best Western transfer hit last year, but based on posts 314-318 in this Flyertalk Thread, it looks doable to another person’s account if they have the same address as you.
Of course, you can also use these points to stay at a Best Western property (which presumably is the intent of the promotion). When Best Western donated a $100 gift card to the Passports with Purpose charity last year, I highlighted a few of their properties here. They have some hotels I would be happy to stay, but the problem with this deal is that it doesn’t really give you enough points to stay much of anywhere. While there may be some hidden values in the Best Western Rewards program that I am unaware of, 10,000 points seems to not nearly be enough for a free night at many of their properties that I might be interested in, so be prepared to buy more than one package if you want to use the points to stay somewhere. Also make sure you aren’t over paying for a night by using points as many Best Western properties are quite affordable to begin with.
10,000 Best Western Rewards Points – $67 (835 available – 160 during the presale)
- No more than 5 sets of points purchased through this offer are allowed per loyalty number.
- Redeem Free Night Vouchers at any of our participating Best Western hotels worldwide.
- To view Free Night Reward categories click here
- Not a member? Sign up for free today to take advantage of this offer! www.bestwesternrewards.com.
- Advanced reservations are required to ensure room availability.
- Other restrictions apply.
- Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated.
- Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc.
- All sales are final.
- All Best Western Rewards® program rules apply. See www.bestwesternrewards.com for additional program terms.
I will probably purchase a package for two Grand Slam hits, but I have to take Little C’s Grandma to the airport some point around the time of this promo, so I might miss the pre-sale at Noon Eastern and public sale at 1PM Eastern due to my family obligations. What, I don’t get to spend all day on the internet hunting down miles and points promos?! We’ll see what happens. Not a huge deal either way, but it is worth it to me if I can get my hands on a package. I don’t anticipate the demand to be quite as high as for some of the other recent hotel points deals, but you never know for sure. Will you be trying for a package tomorrow?