Sometimes in the world of credit card offers, some “limited time” offers are pulled sooner than they are initial advertized. Of course, sometimes they last longer. In the case of the American Express Business Gold Rewards card, the offer is being pulled early. We have been told to remove any references to the 50,000 sign-up bonus points by 5PM Eastern on Tuesday (tomorrow).
I personally have this card (got it under a targeted 50K bonus in early 2012), and I use it all the time for my airfare purchases in order to get 3x Membership Reward points for every dollar charged on those purchases. I then usually transfer those points to British Airways during a transfer bonus. If a 50% transfer bonus is available, that means that my 3x points per dollar on airfare effectively becomes 4.5 points per dollar on airfare. Of course, there are no guarantees about future transfer bonuses to British Airways, but they have run fairly consistently in recent times. Here are some other details related to this sign-up offer and associated benefits.
- 3X points on airfare
- 2x points on purchases in the U.S. for advertising in select media, gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and shipping
- 1X points on other purchases
- Points are earned only on eligible purchases. Bonus points limitations apply.
- Earn points even faster to get more rewards for your business
- One million rewards from over 500 brands
- 24/7 support for everything from identity theft to travel emergencies
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
- Introductory annual fee for Additional Gold Cards in the first year is $0; then, $50 for the first Additional Gold Card and no fee for other Additional Cards
- Terms & Restrictions Apply.
The typical offer for this card is 0 bonus points, so act now if you want to ensure getting 50,000 points. I have seen several one-day offers for this card that come with 75,000 bonus points, but those offers have required double the spending ($10K). If you want to do a churn with some business cards today, applying this card and either the Ink Bold® Business Card or Ink Plus® Business Card at the same time may be a good play since they come from different banks. I am planning a whole post on my upcoming churn tomorrow, but wanted to share this info as soon as I learned it today.
Let me know if you have any questions about this offer and congrats to anyone who gets in on it in time!
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a card using one of my affiliate links. As always, your support is very much appreciated.