For bookings made by December 13, Alaska Airlines is offering discounts on award tickets for a small set of routes and dates. This can be a great source of inspiration if you’re looking for winter vacation ideas and have Alaska miles to burn, though it comes with plenty of restrictions.
Along with only a small number of participating destinations, you’ll need to find Super Saver coach availability on nonstop routes. Only flights operated by Alaska Airlines are eligible, and you cannot include connections or stopovers. All tickets must be booked by December 13.
West Coast Flights 9,000 Miles One Way (Normally 12,500):
- Between Portland and Las Vegas (PDX-LAS and vice versa)
- Between Portland and San Diego (PDX-SAN and v.v.)
- Dates include November 27 – December 14 and January 8 – February 13 (assuming you find Super Saver availability)
Hawaii Flights 16,000 Miles One Way (Normally 20,000):
- Between Oakland and Honolulu, Kona, Kauai, or Maui (OAK-HNL/KOA/LIH/OGG)
- Between San Jose and Honolulu, Kona, Kauai, or Maui (SJC-HNL/KOA/LIH/OGG)
- Between San Diego and Honolulu or Maui (SAN-HNL/OGG)
- Dates include November 28 – December 11, January 10 – February 11, and February 21 – March 14
Frankly, given the cheap cash tickets available on these routes (including some west coast to Hawaii flights for roughly $300 or even east coast to Hawaii for $500), I don’t think these awards are an amazing deal, even at a discount. However, if the specific dates you’re looking at are expensive and you have miles to burn and are looking for a great vacation, book online by December 13 in order to lock in your discount.
HT: Frequent Flier