Remember that time I decided to move to Tianjin, China, and live at the St. Regis? Well, I’m having similarly ridiculous thoughts about moving to Phoenix/Scottsdale this summer. The area has a lot of awesome hotels, though due to the scorching hot weather, hotel rates are really low, and when combined with Virtuoso/Fine Hotels & Resorts amenities, almost “free.”
Take, for example, the Arizona Biltmore, a Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel. If booking through American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts you get the following amenities:
- Room upgrade upon arrival, when available
- Daily continental breakfast for two
- US$100 food and beverage credit to be used during your stay
- Noon early check-in, upon availability
- 4:00 pm guaranteed late check-out
If you book through Virtuoso you get the following amenities:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily Continental breakfast for up to two in-room guests,in the restaurant
- 4pm late check-out, subject to availability
- $100 food and beverage credit at Frank & Albert’s
And the rate?
So yeah, for a $119 one-night stay you get a $100 food and beverage credit, free breakfast, a room upgrade, guaranteed 4PM late check-out, and Hilton points/elite stay credit.
There are plenty of other spectacular hotels in a similar price range, including the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Phoenician, and more.
For those of you not familiar with Virtuoso or American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, you can read more about it in this post.
So what do you guys think? Am I crazy for wanting to hotel hop around Phoenix for a week in the scorching heat? It’s not like Florida is that much better. Or is anyone up for a meet up? We could have a pretty awesome party if we combine our food and beverage credits.