AAA announced their yearly AAA/CAA Five Diamond Ratings for 2013 and nine new properties made the list including two St. Regis resorts.
New Five Diamond Hotels:
- Montage Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach, Calif.
- St. Regis Bal Harbour, Bal Harbour, Fla.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach, Fla.
- Trump SoHo New York, New York, N.Y.
- Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- The Ritz-Carlton Montréal, Québec, Canada
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, Charlestown, Nevis
- St. Regis Bahia Beach Puerto Rico, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
- Capella Pedregal Resort and Spa, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
AAA Five Diamond hotels offer guests a meticulous degree of personalized attention and extensive amenities in a luxurious setting, and Five Diamond restaurants feature world-class service and imaginative menus using the finest ingredients,” said Michael Petrone, director, AAA Tourism Information Development. “These establishments consistently exceed the expectations of the most discriminating traveler – the AAA inspector — and AAA is pleased to recognize them with a Five Diamond Rating.
Noteworthy for 2013: The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo., is the only hotel that has maintained the Five Diamond Rating for 37 consecutive years – since 1976 when AAA first introduced the Diamond Ratings for accommodations. The only new AAA Five Diamond hotel and restaurant pair is The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island and its on-site restaurant Salt, in Fernandina Beach, Fla. The number of Five Diamond hotels in Canada doubled to four with the addition of the Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver and The Ritz-Carlton Montréal. The country is also home to five Five Diamond Restaurants, representing nearly 10 percent of the total.
Ten hotels lost their Five Diamond Rating for 2013, including the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback. Check out AAA’s full list of all Five Diamond hotels and restaurants here.