It is amazing how technology is changing the way we communicate while traveling. From making reservations on a smart phone to communicating with friends, technology makes traveling easier.
Did you know a simple call to home from half way around the world is now free thanks to iPhone and the Magic Jack application? I’m amazed. It seems every other week I hear of a friend who didn’t know you can call internationally for free when traveling internationally. The Magic Jack iPhone application is one of my tried and true travel applications.
I’ve shown you mine, now you show me yours. What other applications are good for frequent travelers?
This application changed the way I thought about communicating while traveling when I found out about it. I can now dial home to the U.S. (or Canada) for free from any international location as long as I have a wifi connection. You can use it with a few simple steps.
How To Get And Use Magic Jack
The Magic Jack iPhone application is free to download. Simply follow a few simple steps and you’ll be able to dial internationally and receive international phone calls for free in no time.
- Download the Magic Jack application from the iTunes application store (free)
- Open the Magic Jack application (free)
- Dial a number or select one of your contacts from your iPhone (free)
- Enjoy free international calling (free)
New User Options
There are a few options if you are new to the Magic Jack iPhone application.
- Test drive it! No account needed. Make outgoing calls to U.S. and Canadian landlines and cell numbers and any magicJack number.
- Receive a free magicNumber phone number to make and receive FREE calls and receive FREE Voicemail.
A magicNumber starts and ends with an asterisk/star, like so: *0123456777* and can be dialed directly from any magicJack.
How To Dial A Magic Jack Phone Number
Once you know your friends Magic Jack number you can call it anywhere with a few simple steps:
- First dialing the access number 1-305-848-TALK (1-305-848-8255)
- After the prompt, enter the magicNumber: Including the asterisks/stars, like so: *01234567*
It surprises me the number of times I hear that people don’t know you can dial internationally for free when traveling. Technology is an amazing thing so we are glad to share this tip to help you catch up with friends, for free, while traveling internationally.
Do you have any neat travel applications that can help others travel better? Share your favorite travel application in the comments section for a chance to win a Free Gogo Wifi card good through 12/31/12. We’ll select a random winner this week from the comments.