There have been some great 100,000 bonus point offers for the Platinum American Express lately. I received several offers for the 100,000 Business Platinum American Express bonus offer (targeted). In addition, I’ve applied for the 100,000 personal Platinum American Express bonus offer (now expired).
With all these Platinum American Express cards, I looked into using one of the best benefits, the $200 airline statement credit. I shared my attempt to use the credit to purchase one $200 gift card from American Airlines. Some left concerns in the comments of my previous post, that you can only use the credit to purchase 2 gift cards, $100 each, for a total of $200 from American Airlines. I’m happy to share the results of my attempt to purchase one $200 gift card.
$200 Statement Credit From Platinum American Express
First, I activated my American Express Platinum card and confirmed the benefits. I would receive a $200 statement credit in addition to the 100,000 bonus points. The $200 statement credit would be good for the following incidental airline fees:
Gift cards are not included. But there have been reports of success so I thought I’d give it a try. I navigated to the American Airlines website and purchased one $200 airline gift card.
Within moments I received an electronic $200 gift card to use with American Airlines. Then the waiting began for the statement credit to post.
This week, I finally checked my statement and was surprised to see that the $200 statement credit posted the very next day after I ordered the gift card.
Did You Miss The 100,000 Platinum American Express Offer?
If you weren’t targeted for the 100,000 offer for the Business Platinum Card from American Express or missed the 100,000 offer for the Personal Platinum Card Card, take a look at the following big bonus point offers.
The Application Link For The Chase Ink Bold Business Card offers 50,000 bonus points after $5,000 spend within 3 months
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months from account opening
- No interest charges because it’s a pay in full charge card
- Earn up to 5X points per dollar on eligible business purchases, and points do not expire
- Transfer points at full value to participating travel programs
- Direct access to a live service advisor anytime
- Introductory Offer – First Year Free ($95 thereafter)
The Application Link For The Chase Ink Plus Business Card offers 50,000 bonus points after $5,000 spend within 3 months
- Reward yourself with 50,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in 3 months from account opening
- With Ink Plus, you have the cash flow flexibility with the choice to pay over time or pay in full
- Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services
- Earn 2X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free employee cards
- Transfer points you’ve earned to participating frequent travel programs at 1:1 value
- Save with a 0% intro APR for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers
The current publicly available Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN comes with all of the regular benefits but no bonus points and the Platinum Card® from American Express comes with a 25,000 bonus point offer.
I’ve had success purchasing one $200 gift card and receiving the statement credit. Your miles may vary as this is technically not part of the incidental fee list.
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.