Busy restaurant in Waikiki, very cheap and good food (but the 2 days I went there the washrooms weren’t accessible, there was a notice on the door to go to the nearby mall, I suppose this is how they keep costs down, however, very likely it was something temporary).
Flyer that I was handed in while walking in Waikiki.
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Statue of King Kamehameha the Great Although the King Kamehameha the Great Statue isn’t an exact representation of how Kamehameha I looked—the sculptor gave him Roman-like facial features instead of Polynesian. At 8 1/2 feet tall, King Kamehameha holds a spear in his left hand to represent the kingdom’s will to keep harm at bay. His right hand is extended as a warm gesture of aloha. Located in front of the Ali’iolani Hale, the statue is one of many sacred structures located in historic Downtown Honolulu. Nearby is the Iolani Palace and Kawaiahao Church, so spend some time walking around the area!
I did not have time to go there to take the photo of the statue myself, but the king looked like that:
For the guys, we’ve got maca and catuaba, two of South America’s most ‘uplifting’ love herbs. And for the ladies, we’ve added passionflower and damiana, stimulating herbs renowned for their pleasure enhancing qualities. It it’s an energy drink full of passion and fueled by nature that you’re looking for, Jungle Love™ is it.
How can it be for both guys and ladies? And I didn’t feel any effect. I tried to convince my wife to test it, but she never goes for this kind of experiments. I wanted to go back to the store and get my money back.
And this one didn’t help me sleep.
Very expensive vodka in an ABC store (only because it was in a skull?!).
There was no one else to fight against (usually foreign invaders) so they fought against each other.
Report suspicious activities.
My 1st Volt and my 2nd Leaf (I saw the 1st one in a showroom in Tokyo).
What is this, 4.712% tax? Usually it is a round number or something that ends in ‘0’ or ‘5’, and three decimal digits (!?!), I’ve seen only two but never before three. I was puzzled so I had to find the answer. And as usual Wikipedia provided it: ‘4.0% is charged at retail with an additional 0.5% surcharge in the City and County of Honolulu (for a total of 4.5% on Oahu sales),…However, the state also allows “tax on tax” to be charged, which effectively means a customer can be billed as much as 4.166% (4.712% on Oahu).’
So for a price of $1000, the tax should be $47.12.
1000 x 4.5/100 = 45
45 x 4.5/100 = 2.025 (the tax on tax)
45 + 2.025 = $47.02 (exact number is 47.025, but there isn’t such a price) that is different from $47.12, something is wrong here.
How did they come to the 4.712% tax?
Let’s try to use a formula:
A. How the sales tax should be calculated and that’s it = Price x 4.5/100
B. But, no they didn’t make it simple, we need to have tax on tax = SalesTax/100 x (Price x 4.5/100)
C. Total Tax that we should calculate = SalesTax x Price/100. We know SalesTax is 4.712%, but let’s calculate it:
C = A + B
SalesTax x Price/100 = Price x 4.5/100 + SalesTax/100 x (Price x 4.5/100)
SalesTax x Price = Price x 4.5 + SalesTax x (Price x 4.5/100)
SalesTax = 4.5 + SalesTax x 4.5/100
SalesTax = 4.5 + SalesTax x 0.045
SalesTax x (1 – 0.045) = 4.5
SalesTax x 0.955 = 4.5
SalesTax = 4.5/0.955.
SalesTax = 4.712%, yes this is how they calculated it