On Tuesday I outlined extensively the benefits (and few downsides, such as fuel surcharges with some transfer partners and the minimum spend requirement) for what’s probably the best current mileage offer out there: The Business Gold Rewards Card® from American Express OPEN which has 75,000 Membership Rewards points as a signup bonus after $10,000 spend within four months.
This is a very short-lived offer, available for less than a week, and this weekend is your final opportunity to get it as the offer is scheduled to be pulled Monday morning by 11am Eastern.
• LIMITED TIME OFFER: Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $10,000 in the first 4 months of Card membership.
• 3X points on airfare
• 2x points on purchases in the U.S. for advertising in select media, gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and shipping
• 1X points on other purchases
• Points are earned only on eligible purchases. Bonus points limitations apply.
• $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
• Introductory annual fee for Additional Gold Cards in the first year is $0; then, $50 for the first Additional Gold Card and no fee for other Additional Cards
• Terms & Restrictions Apply. Offer expires January 28th, 2013.
This is a pretty strong offer, Membership Rewards points are my third favorite currency behind Chase Ultimate Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest. This is a good card for the first year with the $0 annual fee, but whether it makes sense to keep after that first year likely depends on how much advertising, gas, and shipping spend you do since those are fairly unique bonused categories.
The value of the 75,000 Membership Rewards points as a signup premium is huge, of course. And my post from earlier in the week outlines some ways you can help yourself to meet the minimum spend requirement, as well as some of my favorite uses for the points.
The Business Gold Rewards Card® from American Express OPEN with 75,000 points after $10k spend within four months ends in about 72 hours. And by way of disclosure, folks signing up for the card using my link do provide me with referral credit.