Starting today, Sunday April 20, 2014, InterContinental Hotel Group has discounted some of their properties by 50% off when using your points! This includes select properties in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America. This is for stays booked by May 3, 2014 and travel from May 1 through June 12, 2014.
Participating properties include:
- InterContinental® Presidente Ixtapa Resort, Mexico
- InterContinental® Playa Bonita Resort & Spa, Panama
- InterContinental® Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa, Mexico
- Crowne Plaza® hotel Acapulco, Mexico
- Holiday Inn Resort® Aruba
- Holiday Inn Resort® Grand Cayman
- Holiday Inn Resort® Acapulco, Mexico
- Holiday Inn Resort® Los Cabos All Inclusive, Mexico
- Holiday Inn Resort® Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Holiday Inn® hotel Cancun Arenas, Mexico
- Holiday Inn Express® hotel Playa del Carmen, Mexico
So while this is a short 6 week timeframe, if you have any plans to stay at these hotels, 50% off is great! However, this is very off peak time for these areas so a paid reservation might be extremely cheap as well. You can look up the full details here.
And if booked a low fare to the Caribbean, as I wrote about a few days ago (flights for around $300 roundtrip!), this could make for a great deal!
Easy ways to get IHG points to top off an award stay:
- Transferring points from Chase Ultimate Rewards – You can transfer your Chase UR points at a 1:1 ratio. Although not my preferred transfer partner as you can get a better value by transferring to other loyalty programs, if you need to top off an award it can be worthwhile.
- Purchasing IHG points – Through a roundabout method, you can purchase points at .7 cents per point. To do this you must make a reservation using the “Cash & Points” option (so you must have enough points in your account for that reservation) and if you cancel the reservation you will get the “Cash” portion back in points. The “Cash” portion of your reservation is essentially buying points at .7 cents per point. Obviously not good for those that want the cash back, but good for those that want more points for “cheap”.
This is part of the reader question series that I started earlier this year – you can view more reader questions here. Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have a question you’d like answered in a full on post. Reader Aimee recently emailed me asking: “I just got the Southwest Companion Pass (thanks… Read full article
Hilton’s limited time offer for the Citi Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature® Card is ending today, April 18, 2014. New applicants will receive 50,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first four months, plus a $50 statement credit after spending $50+ at a Hilton hotel during the first six months of card membership. This is 10,000 points better then… Read full article
You have just a few more hours to enroll in this great offer from JetBlue! About a month ago, JetBlue announced two great way to get Mosaic status: TrueBlue Mosaic Status Challenge - Earn 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points within 90 days and you’ll qualify for Mosaic status through December 31, 2015! TrueBlue Mosaic Status Match - If you… Read full article
Yesterday I posted about cheap fares to Hawaii from Atlanta and Dallas (and now Charlotte has been added to the mix), but today, The Flight Deal blog has found some very reasonable fares to the Caribbean for around $300-ish. This is for flights from Newark, Houston, Dallas, Philly, Charlotte, and Phoenix, and to the following… Read full article
Starwood’s current promotion of “Bring On The Nights” ends in just a few weeks, but luckily, they’ve already announced their next promo and there is no gap in between! This new promotion will start May 1st and last until July 31, 2014. You will earn 2x points on all stays, but if your stay includes… Read full article
If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you are probably well educated on what Uber is, but in case you have not been paying attention or new to this site, Uber is an “On-demand car service that allows everyone to have a private driver experience through iPhone, SMS, and web based requests.” It is less expensive… Read full article
I was just browsing around the American Express’s Membership Rewards website and noticed that you can transfer your Amex Membership Reward points to Virgin America for a 30% bonus. This promotion is valid through April 30, 2014. The typical transfer ratio is 200 Amex points = 100 Elevate points, so with this promotion you’ll get 130… Read full article
Thanks to The Flight Deal site, you can book a flight from Atlanta or Dallas to Hawaii for less then $500 roundtrip. Dallas to Hawaii (info here) Roundtrip flights for $480-$481 United Airlines flight Valid from now-June 5; August 11th-November 19; November 27-December 11, 2014; December 29-March 12, 2015. Routing is DWF – IAH –… Read full article
Through May 31, 2014, you are able to purchase SPG points at either a 10% 15%, 20%, or 25% discount. The discount depends on the number of points you purchase: Buy 500–9,500 Starpoints: save 10% ($31.50 for each increment of 1,000 points) Buy 10,000–14,500 Starpoints: save 15% ($29.75 for each increment of 1,000 points) Buy 15,000–19,500… Read full article