Starwood announced their Q1 promotion a little while ago, but registration was just made available and the actual promotion doesn’t start until January 15th. While this is a pretty straight forward promotion and doesn’t require switching hotels every night to maximize, it is probably one of their worst promotions yet. While I’ll take bonus starpoints any day, many people bank on these great quarterly promotions to help them enhance their point balance.
- Earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints for every four (4) eligible nights you stay – you can earn up to 8,000 bonus points which will take 16 nights. The nights do not need to be consecutive, but you’ll only earn the points after each increment of 4 nights.
- If you stay a total of 20 eligible nights, you’ll earn an additional 10,000 bonus Starpoints.
The point earning structure is as follow:
- Nights 1-4: Earn 2,000 points, for a total of 2,000 points
- Nights 5-8: Earn 2,000 points, for a total of 4,000 points
- Nights 9-12: Earn 2,000 points, for a total of 6,000 points
- Nights 13-16: Earn 2,000 points, for a total of 8,000 points
- Nights 17-19: Earn 0 points, for a total of 8,000 points
- Night 20: Earn 10,000 points, for a total of 18,000 points
- Night 21+: Earn 0 points thereafter
You must register by February 28, 2013, so I suggest just doing it now. All hotel stays between January 15th through April 15th, 2013 count towards the promotion. Qualifying nights mean it is a paid stay where you will earn points on the stay – this typically excludes friends & family rates, free nights, etc. Stays using a discount code, i.e., corporate rate, AAA, etc. will count towards the promotion.