Last Fall, JetBlue totally revamped their status program and introduced “Mosaic.” The Mosaic program gives special perks to those frequent travelers with JetBlue. While they didn’t really market it as a status, for all intents and purposes it is. JetBlue is now trying to increase the number of fliers in this program and is offering a 90-day status challenge option for those who have status with another airline.
Through August 31, 2013, you can sign up for the TrueBlue Mosaic Challenge and will have 90 days to aern 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points. Base points are the “3 points per $1″ you earn on the base fare – this does not include any bonuses.
To be eligible for this challenge, you must first sign up to be a TrueBlue member (you can sign up here if needed) and you must have the following status on another airline:
- American Airlines®: AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum®, AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
- Delta®: SkyMiles Medallion® Silver, SkyMiles Mediallion® Gold, SkyMiles Mediallion® Platinum or SkyMiles Medallion® Diamond
- US Airways®: Dividend Miles: Preferred Silver, Preferred Gold, Preferred Platinum or Preferred Chairman
- United® Mileage Plus: Premier Silver, Premier Gold, Premier Platinum, Premier 1k®
To sign up for the challenge you must email email@example.com with proof that you have status on one of the above airlines. Include the following in the email:
- Your valid and current TrueBlue number in the body of the email
- Your most recent statement, current credentials card, or some other documentation showing your current membership and status in one of the eligible loyalty programs
Unfortunately you will not earn Mosaic status in the meantime, but only after you are approved and meet the 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points requirement. It can also take about two weeks for JetBlue to review your information and approve you, so plan accordingly!
The JetBlue Mosaic program will give you:
- Change and cancellation fees waived
- Redeem points for Even More® Space seat
- First two checked bags free
- Dedicated customer service line
- Expedited security at select airports
- Early boarding
- An additional 3 points per dollar spent (for a total of 9 points per dollar spent if booked on JetBlue.com)
While you won’t get a lay flight first class seat with this status, I personally like the option of waived fees, another free checked bag, and the bonus points.