With so many enticing Chase credit cards on the market, it’s hard to have to decide which cards to put in your wallet. Granted the fact that I already have 5 Chase personal cards at the moment… and add in the fact that I haven’t flown with Southwest in almost a decade (the good news is that’s all going to change on Friday when I fly EWR-DEN-LAS on SW), I naturally haven’t put much thought into getting a SW card… even though it really is a sweet deal (especially if you combine the personal with the business card for a total of 100,000 Rapid Rewards points and aim for the companion pass).
I’ll probably consider applying for the personal card sometime in early 2013 during a future churn, so I’m not sure if I can exactly qualify for the 500 bonus point offer, but those who are already cardholders can now get an extra 500 Rapid Rewards points just by using your card for one purchase from the Rapid Rewards shopping portal. If you want a cheap and easy way to 500 points, you can always purchase something as small as an iTunes song through the portal to qualify for the bonus. 500 Rapid Rewards points is valued at approximately $9. You can find the complete details, along with the promotion’s T&C here.
- LOG IN with your Rapid Rewards account information here.
- SHOP online through the Rapid Rewards shopping portal.
- GET 500 BONUS POINTS as a one-time reward for making any purchase through Rapid Rewards Shopping with your Rapid Rewards Credit Card by the end of the year.
If you’re like me and don’t have the card yet, here’s a brief run down of the offer:
- LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Get 2 ROUNDTRIP FLIGHTS (50,000 points) after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account–that’s over $800 in Wanna Get Away?® Fares!
- Get 6,000 points every year after your Cardmember Anniversary – that’s enough for a $100 Wanna Get Away? Fare!
- 2 points per $1 Spent on Southwest Airlines and AirTran® Airways purchases made directly with the airlines and on Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental purchases.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Redeem points for Gift Cards, Car Rentals, Cruises, Hotel Stays, and International flights to over 800 Destinations on 50+ global carriers.
- $99 annual fee.
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is seeing all of these bonus-point offers from shopping portals – it truly does make holiday shopping more rewarding!