What a busy week it’s been between gearing up for the holidays, moving, and hosting a mini JerseyDO last weekend with some folks I met during the StarMegaDo4 a month ago. Needless to say, I apologize for falling off of the face of the Earth! Here’s a mini round up of some noteworthy points and miles offers:
- Increased sign-up bonus with The US Airways Premier World MasterCard®: In my earlier post about the credit cards I currently have in my wallet, I mentioned that I applied for the The US Airways Premier World MasterCard® to receive 30,000 miles after my first purchase. Sucks for me, but good for you, there is a now a limited-time increased sign-up bonus of 40,000 US Airways miles after your first purchase, which is essentially worth two round-trip flights.
- Free 1-Year Membership to ShopRunner: If you don’t have a ShopRunner membership yet, you can sign up for a full year for free using this link and promo code “runner“. ShopRunner is service that allows you to receive free and unlimited 2-day shipping with many popular online merchants. I won myself a free year of ShopRunner during last year’s AmEx Gift Chain promotion, and I’ll admit that it did come in handy a few times throughout the year, so it’s definitely worth it to register! (HT: Dan’s Deals).
- Activate Chase Freedom 2013 Q1 Bonus Categories: Don’t forget to activate your 2013 Q1 Chase Freedom Bonus Categories. From January 1 – March 31, you’ll receive 5% back (5 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar) spent at Gas Stations, Drugstores, and Starbucks, for up to $1,500 spent in those categories.
- Transfer BMI miles to Avios before 12/31/12: If you still have miles floating in your BMI account, be sure to transfer them to your British Airways account by year’s end. Details about how to transfer the BMI miles to BA Avios can be found in this great step-by-step post.
- 100 Free JetBlue Points: Between now and December 22, you can earn 100 TrueBlue points by liking JetBlue on Facebook. You can also instantly win bonus points and other prizes by participating. (HT:PointsHoarder).
On another note, this has been an awesome week for great airfare deals, and I managed to book some really cheap transcons to jumpstart my 2013 quest to reach Premier 1K status with United (which I’ve decided to name OP1K13). I managed to book a $166 round trip 2-day trip to Vegas from Newark with the parents, and a $161 round trip from Philly to San Diego with a friend with lots of stops in between that’ll earn me roughly 6200 PQM. It’ll be a fun way to break up the usually-boring month of January.
What fun airfare deals did you book this week?