Beginning of the month I had alerted all of you regular readers about the promotions going on with American Express, where there is an offer to transfer Membership Rewards (their reward currency) for cards issued in India. There are two promotions:
- Transfer your Amex Membership Rewards to British Airways Avios, and you could earn a 30% bonus on these transfers. Amex MR transfer to Avios at the rate of 1.6 MR = 1 Avios, which translates, with this bonus, to 1.23 MR = 1 Avios. While British Airways is one of the more expensive airlines due to their fuel surcharges to use Avios on, you could use them with so many of the oneworld airlines.
- Transfer your Amex MR to Etihad Guest Miles, and you could earn 20% bonus on these transfers. Amex MR transfer to Etihad Guest Miles at the rate of 1.6 MR = 1 Avios, and with this bonus, to 1.33 MR = 1 Etihad Guest Mile. Not a great program to be in, but if you do fly Etihad regularly, this could be used to top off your account.
Both the offers are on only till 30 November 2012, and some cards, such as the Gold Charge Card, will attract a Rs. 250 fee to process the transfer request. So, if you’re thinking of converting MR to miles, this is the most lucrative opportunity this year (whatever is left of it )
On the other hand, if you are still looking to get an American Express Gold Charge Card for free or Platinum Reserve at 20% off annual fee, allow me to send you a LinkedIn referral, I still have some left! Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want one.
- American Express offering 30% bonus on transfer to Avios (British Airways!)
- Amex offering 20% bonus on MR conversion to Etihad Guest Miles
- Sunday Plastic: The American Express Gold Charge Card