British Airways Executive Club is offering 25% Avios bonus points on hotel point transfers between April 20 and June 20, 2012 from eight hotel partners:
- Le Club Accor
- Club Carlson*
- Hilton HHonors
- Hyatt Gold Passport*
- InterContinental Hotels Group Priority Club
- Marriott Rewards*
- Shangri-La Golden Circle
- Starwood Preferred Guest*
* I placed an asterisk next to the four programs I think are the only hotel programs worth using for this bonus offer.
Best exchange rates for hotel points to British Airways Avios points including the 25% bonus:
- Marriott Rewards (at 125,000 points = 62,500 Avios points)
- Club Carlson (at 100,000 points = 22,500 Avios Points)
- SPG (at 20,000 points = 31,250 Avios points)
- Hyatt Gold Passport (at 50,000 points = 31,250 Avios points)
The exchange rate is lower for each of these programs at other transfer amounts.
Marriott Rewards Hotel + Air Package can improve the exchange rate for Marriott Rewards points to 1 Marriott point = 1.25 Avios points for up to 150,000 Avios points + 7 hotel nights starting at 270,000 Marriott Rewards points.
Transferring Hotel Points between Hotel Loyalty Member Accounts
Combining hotel points from different member accounts is a good strategy for reaching the high balance needed to maximize hotel points to airline miles exchange rates.
Club Carlson members can combine points from different accounts at no charge. Club Carlson has the most lenient points transfer rules between member accounts.
Marriott Rewards allows points to be transferred between the accounts of spouses and domestic partners.
SPG requires members to be in same household to transfer points between member accounts.
Hyatt Gold Passport allows two members to combine points when redeeming points for a hotel award. I don’t think you can combine points from different member accounts to redeem for airline miles. Please leave a comment if you think you can combine points for hotel points to airline miles redemption.