This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
The always helpful, DeltaGoldFlyer, emailed me yesterday to let me know that Best Western opened their Facebook promotion back-up as they still had free points to giveaway. This meant that even if you had already scored some free points last week, like I did, you could go and do it again! You will win anywhere from 100 – 100,000 points! 100,000 points is enough for up to 12 free nights! I personally earned 200 points last week (won 100, plus 100 for sharing the info on Facebook with at least one “friend”) and earned another 600 yesterday (won 500 + another 100 for sharing the info with one “friend”). It took about 2 minutes total and I got 800 free points total. Free nights at Best Western hotels start at 8,000 points, so this is a 1/10th of the way there.
You can register for a Best Western Rewards account here, and then head to Facebook to get your free points! Once you click on the Facebook link, you have to “like” their page and then click on “The Fastest Way” on the left-hand side of the page.
While I don’t get overly excited about most Best Westerns (though they do have some nice properties and they are often in locations that chains like Hyatt and Starwood aren’t), they do offer pretty straight-forward elite status matching (www.bestwesternstatusmatch), so I could immediately have their highest tier status by matching my Hyatt Diamond Status. That would get me a 30% points earning bonus just for having my elite status matched! The base rate is 10 Best Western Reward Points per dollar spent hotel stays. In case you are curious,
Elite status levels available through Best Western Rewards include:
- Gold Elite (awarded after 10 qualified nights in one calendar year), which earns a 10 percent Rewards bonus;
- Platinum Elite (awarded after 15 qualified nights in one calendar year), which earns a 15 percent Rewards bonus; and
- Diamond Elite (awarded after 30 qualified nights in one calendar year), which earns a 30 percent Rewards bonus.
Finally, if you do plan on making any Best Western stays this fall, here are some of the promotions they have going on:
- Between now and Nov. 20, members earn double rewards points (or double miles for those who have set their award preference to American Airlines AA miles) for every second qualified stay when they register at www.bestwestern.com/fall
- If two stays are at two different brand descriptor hotels – including any combination of BEST WESTERN®, BEST WESTERN PLUS® and BEST WESTERN PREMIER® – guests can earn triple rewards on the second stay.
- AAA PreferredSM Best Western Rewards members also earn a one-time bonus of 1,000 points on their second stay.
- Those who pay for their first two qualified stays with a Best Western Rewards MasterCard earn a one-time 1,000 points bonus.
How many points did you win?