How many people can say that they did an emergency evacuation of a smoke-filled airplane cabin, slid down an emergency slide, did a water evacuation, and still capped off the night with happy hour on a 757 with 150+ of their new best friends?

Here is a quick preview of the slide evacuation. I did it three times because it was so fun! (though I clearly never want to do any of this in a real emergency situation)

YouTube Preview Image

It is all in a day’s work on a MegaDO. We are now on a bus taking us to Boeing to see where the “big daddy” planes are made. I am excited like a kid in a candy store. I promise to share many more details about the events very soon, but I have been tweeting lots of updates from the events, so follow me @mommy_points if you want live updates.

Let the airline adventure continue!

9 Responses to “OneWorld MegaDO continues in Seattle”

1. BLAIR says:

no joking matter using the emergency slide. Why would any sane person call this fun??

Its there to save lives…

In most situations you are totally right, but these events give you a chance to learn about safety while still having fun, too.

3. bluto says:

If a plane does an emergency landing and evacuation, I wonder if you still get credit for the full scheduled miles.

What?

4. Michael says:

Awesome!

5. Michael says:

Did anybody hit that wall at the end? That would have been a Kodak moment.

6. HikerT says:

Looks like you guys brought some good weather with you. Doesn’t get much sunnier here in winter in SEA. :)

7. Benny says:

That looks fun!

8. kitty B says:

I Love your post! I learn so much from you about this new game, that I just begun after seeing Rick on dateline only a few months ago.. We have rooms for the convention in Oct, and I can’t wait to meet you! Thanks for being here to teach in a clear, positive way! PS I Have 132,000 miles and two round trip tickets since November 2011, Thanks to you and Mr Frugal guy! :-)
    Have fun @ the Megado!