After being away from work for most of last week for the OneWorld MegaDO, today I continued my plummet back to reality with the realization that I had several new work trips to book.  These are trips that are 100% devoid of any fun, and are to cities that are 100% devoid of any Hyatt or Starwood hotels.  Doesn’t my day job understand that if they are going to send me somewhere, it at least needs to be to a city that can help me towards my 2012 Hyatt and Starwood hotel status goals? Sheeesh!  Since Hyatt and Starwood hotels were not an option for these trips, I looked to some of the other chains that seem to often have hotels in smaller cities.  In this case I looked at Marriott, Priority Club, Best Western, Club Carlson, Hilton, Wyndham, and Choice Hotels.

Given that Marriott has by far the best promo for one-night weekday stays (which my stays thankfully are), they were the clear choice for my small town trips.  As a result, it looks like I will unexpectedly be getting two free nights from the Marriott MegaBonus promo to use at a category 1-4 Marriott Hotel.  However, the real point of this post is to remember to sign-up for all of the relevant hotel promos, even if you don’t currently have plans to stay at that chain.  It is so easy to get very busy at work or at home and forget to register for a hotel promo before a last-minute trip.  I had already registered for Marriott’s MegaBonus because of another Marriott stay that I have coming up, but even I hadn’t taken the time to register for all of the other hotel promos that were going on right now.  I have already posted about a few of the major hotel promos, but I wanted to make a more exhaustive list since more promotions have come out since that original post was written.

Club Carlson

January 10 – March 16, 2012

Earn triple points (60 points per dollar) for a stay at any Radisson, Country Inns & Suites, Park Inn by Radisson or Park Plaza hotels.

Register here

Best Western Rewards

February 6 – April 8, 2012

Stay 3 separate times between February 6 and April 8, 2012 at any Best Western hotel and earn a Best Western global free night voucher. (Limit 1 voucher per member).

Register here.  (registration link goes live 2/6)

Hilton HHonors

January 1 – March 31, 2012

Earn 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per night of their stay. In addition, registered HHonors members will earn 5,000 HHonors Bonus Points for weekend stays. For the purposes of this offer, a “weekend stay” is defined as at least two consecutive nights between Thursday and Sunday.  You can only earn one 5,000 point bonus per weekend, but you will also earn 1,000 bonus points for each night in addition to the 5,000 point bonus.

Register here.

This reportedly also stacks with the 2x and 3x airline miles promos if you choose to earn points and miles.

Marriott MegaBonus

February 1 – April 30, 2012

Earn one free night after two eligible stays at participating hotels.  Use your free night at a Category 1-4 hotel by September 30th.

Register here.

Priority Club

January 23 – April 30, 2012

Earn double points or double miles on every qualifying stay, starting on your second stay during the promotion period. Stay at Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites and you’ll start earning double on your first qualifying stay.  Also check out Priority Club Insider to select and register for your quarterly bonus offer.  (Ex. stay 3 nights, get 5,000 points)

Register here

Starwood Preferred Guest

January 9 – April 8, 2012

Earn double SPG points on two-night stays and triple SPG points on three-night stays.

Register here.

Hyatt Gold Passport

February 1 – April 30, 2012

Stay 4 Nights, earn 4,000 bonus points = 4,000
Stay 8 Nights, earn additional 8,000 points = 12,000
Stay 12 Nights, earn additional 12,000 points = 24,000
Stay 16 Nights, earn additional 20,000 points = 44,000

If you have a Chase Hyatt credit card then you get a 25% bonus on the bonus points earned.  So, instead of earning a max of 44,000 points, you would earn a max of 55,000 bonus points.  You do not have to use the card to pay for the stays, you simply must have the card.

Registration goes live on February 1.

Choice Hotels

December 1 – February 29, 2012

Earn hotel points plus airline miles OR double hotel points

Register here.

Wyndham Rewards

November 17, 2011 – March 5, 2012 (arrivals must be by 3/5, but stays must be completed by 3/12)

Get 6,500 bonus hotel points (or 1,000 airline miles) on your second, fourth, and sixth stay during the promotional period.  You can also earn 1,000 bonus points for each stay booked at Wyndham.com and 500 bonus points for paying with your Wyndham Rewards Visa.

Register here.

After I had written 90% of this post, I saw that Loyalty Traveler has a similar post up tonight.  So, if you want more details about the promos, or want more info about how he rated each deal, check out his post here.  I’m a little bummed that there is no spectacular hotel promo going on right now, but at least my non-fun work trips will result in two free Marriott nights for my family to enjoy together.  That’s the point of all this points madness.  ;)

16 Responses to “Current Hotel Promo Registration Links and Reminders”

1. mowogo says:

Unfortunately, I find Marriott properties extremely lacking in the lower tiers. I will only stay at a brand new Fairfield Inn, otherwise they are extremely disappointing hotels which are to be avoided

2. Get Gowing says:

FYI, the Best Western promo signup link is mis-formatted.

3. Vinay says:

I didn’t find marriott promo links to register for stay 2 get 1 offer. Can you please post the details on where/how to register for it?

4. Marmite says:

Sooooooo this blog basically says exactly the same stuff (but less detail) as the blog that cane out yesterday, written by someone else. And you realized that, but published anyway. That’s just great.

You need to improve the overall quality of your blog. There’s so rarely any useful ORIGINAL content. You just constantly recycle other people’s work (and most of the time, what you’re recycling isn’t even original).

I guess that’s what happens when Boarding Area gives blog space to pretty much anyone who can consistently spell their own name.

@mowogo, MegaBonus usually isn’t the promo I go after first either as I don’t like being restricted to lower tiers, but I’m sure I will find good use for it at one of their 1-4 properties. It’s good to know your preferences though and then plan accordingly. ;)

@Get Gowing, sorry about that. I tried to use what they sent me, but since it isn’t live yet it didn’t quite work. It should be ready in a few days.

@Vinay, it’s there all ready for you to sign-up.

@Marmite, sorry to hear you didn’t find the post useful. My idea was simply to get the registration links for many of the current hotel promos together in one place in a simple format, as many parents (and non-parents) don’t have the time to go chasing them down on each individual hotel page. When I realized Loyalty Traveler had also just written a post about the various current hotel promos, I chose to link to his site in case people wanted to see his ranking system.

In the world of blogs (and most anything else for that matter), there will be some cross-over of information. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Not everyone gets a chance to read multiple blogs in the same day. I recommend that anyone read the sites they find helpful or relevant to them, and skip the rest. I hope you will read this site, but if it doesn’t meet your needs then there are certainly many other miles and points blogs to choose from. Again, sorry to hear the post didn’t meet your needs.

6. Shannon says:

Thanks for posting!

7. CU says:

@Marmite I couldn’t disagree more. I don’t know mommypoints but she is always my first stop in the morning.
    @mommypoints, I found this post really useful. Have fun with the Marriott promotion — I hit the jackpot with Storm Alfred last November b/c we stayed in Marriott’s for 10 days and got some of those freebie Category I-IV nights from the fall Marriott promotion. We’re using ours at a Category IV hotel between Newport and Providence, RI to take the kids to the Newport mansions and the Providence Zoo. We’ve had good luck with Courtyards and Fairfield Inns. Trip advisor is a good resource to see how a particular hotel is. Have fun!

8. Stephan says:

@Marmite – Lose the attitude! Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? I love people like you, full of self- righteous attitude, whose only contribution is to bitch – why bother? What do you contribute? Not everyone reads all the blogs and a nice summary is often useful. Do you really expect earth shattering original posts or news items daily? Bloggers make our hobby easier with their tips and are good source of information. If you don’t like one, read another!

9. No Starwood or Hyatt hotels!? That stinks especially when you’re trying to renew status with those hotels.

@Shannon, you are most welcome.

@CU, thanks for your support. ;) I love your story about making the most of a hurricane!

@Stephan, thanks so much. I sure do wish there was an avalanche of earth shattering promos every day, but just doesn’t seem to always work out that way. ;) There certainly are plenty of blogs to choose one – I agree that everyone should find the ones that works for them.

@MMS, I know. I am totally bummed. That is the downside of those chains – the lack of hotels in Small Town USA.

11. Brendan says:

If you haven’t any intention of pursuing long-term Marriott status, which I gather is the case, perhaps it might be an decent idea to call them and get a taste of platinum or taste of gold challenge to receive a potential upgraded room and a few more points. It takes 4 minutes on the phone, and I believe that one can receive a challenge once a year if one does not complete the challenge successfully. Even without top-tier status anywhere, I painlessly got a platinum challenge, which resulted in an upgrade to a studio suite with club access. Even if you only have two short stays within the next 3 months, why not see if you can get a touch better treatment? There seems to be little to lose.

12. Brendan says:

Qualifier: by ‘once per year’, I didn’t mean that one would automatically get a challenge. They must be requested each time. Some programs (Hyatt, I believe) allegedly have one-in-a-lifetime-style challenges for status matches. I don’t think that Marriott even requires a match and that it is simply a request.

@Brendan, not a bad idea!

14. Ali says:

@MP: Under the marriott terms and conditions, I read this:

A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Does this potentially mean that the stays needed to qualify for this bonus must be more than 1 night?

@Ali, a one night stay works. What they mean is that you can’t stay Tuesday night, check-out, and then check-in for Wednesday night at the same hotel and expect that to count as two stays. Consecutive nights are still just one stay.

16. [...] sure to register for the current Hilton weekend points promotion as well if you do get in on this [...]