This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Time to play catch-up in the world of miles and points. Lots of points and only a little time. In case this week has been as crazy for your family as it has been for mine, here are some summaries of different miles and points deals being talked about in the point’s world.
- If you might have some Priority Club stays coming up, make sure to register for the many Priority Club bonuses that are available. Many of them are stack-able and can add up pretty quickly. Thanks to View from the Wing for the post and Priority Club Insider for always having a comprehensive list of Priority Club bonuses.
- Hilton has released their 2nd Quarter bonus – double points or double miles on all stays from April 1st to June 30th. You do need to register for this promotion. The list of hotels not participating is insanely long, so check that list before thinking you are getting 2x points or miles for your stay. Hilton is the only hotel chain I know of that truly operates on a quarterly system with bonus promotions. Hopefully we will see the other chains coming out with their second major promo of the year in the coming month, but they don’t operate on as predictable of a schedule as Hilton. Thanks to Deals We Like for sharing this news.
- US Airways is offering a 100% bonus on miles purchased until April 15th. All in, this comes to 1.87 cents per mile, which isn’t horrible, if you are redeeming for premium cabin (likely international) flights. Otherwise, it is just too much to pay for miles that can be earned much cheaper via the Grand Slam, credit card sign-ups, etc. To get the full 100% bonus, you do need to join Points.com. Here are the official instructions from US Airways: Buy miles between March 15 and April 15, 2012 and you will automatically receive a 50% Bonus. Join Points.com to get the inside scoop on US Airways promotions and earning opportunities and get an extra 50% Bonus. Just sign up to Points.com and register your Dividend Miles account before April 15, 2012 and you will get a total of 100% Bonus miles on your mileage purchase. Thanks to One Mile at a Time for sharing this info.
- British Airways is giving away 50 flights to Great Britain over the next few days to the first ten people daily who answer a question on Facebook. (You do have to “like” them on Facebook to be able to enter). The Points Guy posted that the question yesterday went out around 12PM Eastern, so keep an eye out around that time today if you want to try and win a free flight! Here are some of the terms (as posted by Points, Miles, and Martinis – thanks!)
- British Airways is giving away 10 round-trip tickets everyday on Facebook
- Enter from March 19, 2012 to March 23, 2012
- Must be one of the first 10 people to “Like” British Airways on Facebook and answer the daily question
- Open only to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 or older
- Limit one (1) ticket per person
- Ticket valid through 12/31/2012
- Tickets are based on availability at time of booking and are valid only on British Airways flights in World Traveler (economy) from the U.S. or Canada to London, Manchester, Newcastle Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen