This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
I posted a couple of weeks ago that the Daily Getaways, brought to you by American Express and the U.S. Travel Association, would be starting back up on April 9th. This morning they put up the deals that will be for sale for the first two weeks. I will highlight the Week 1 deals in this post, and will do the Week 2 deals in a separate post. While there are not yet any deals posted that are earth-shattering, there are some pretty good deals up so far, including several that I would like to purchase myself. The two “tricks” to maximizing these deals are to be sure to pay with an American Express card so that you get 10% off, and be aware that quantities are limited and the good deals will sell out insanely fast – within minutes.
Here is the first week of deals:
Monday April 9th:
- 10,000 Priority Club Reward points for $67 (.67 cents per point)
- 25,000 Priority Club Reward points for $167 (.668 cents per point)
- 40,000 Priority Club Reward points for $267 (.6675 cents per point)
- If you use an Amex to get 10% off, the cost per point drops very close to .6 cents per point. While there are other methods for obtaining Priority Club points at that rate, I like this method much better as it is less time consuming and it isn’t in any “grey area”. I will be trying to get in on this deal.
- Pre-sale starts at Noon Eastern for those who “like” Intercontinental Hotels on Facebook and use the code shared there are noon.
Tuesday April 10th:
- One day Avis car rental for $33 up to a Premium (G) car.
- This offer is valid at any participating Avis location in the U.S. (excluding the New York Metro area), Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Plus, enjoy Avis premium products for an additional fee, including:
- Please note your rental must be used by March 31, 2013.
- Receive your savings certificate via U.S. mail.
- Pre-sale starts at Noon Eastern for those who “like” Avis on Facebook and use the code shared there are noon.
- One year of Avis Chairman’s Club Membership for $1115 – Enjoy 1 year of one of the most seamless and exclusive car-rental experiences available: Meet-and-Greet service, guaranteed car availability, free upgrades, and more.
Wednesday April 11th:
- Two nights in a spa suite at New York New York in Las Vegas, dinner for two and take in Zumanity™ by Cirque du Soleil® for only $345
- Two nights in a Bellagio Suite, 2 tickets to “O™” by Cirque du Soleil®, dinner, spa, and more VIP upgrades for $1375.
- Four nights in a Mirage Suite (or similar), Airport limo transfers to and from McCarren Airport to The Mirage, Dinner for 2 at Stack, Dinner for 2 at Kokomos Steak Lobster. Dinner for 2 at Onda Italian Cuisine. VIP seating for 2 to The Beatles LOVE™ by Cirque du Soleil®, VIP seating for 2 to Terry Fator, Massage for 2 at The Mirage Spa, VIP amenities of champagne and strawberries in your guest room for $1510.
- Three nights at the famous Circus Circus Hotel Casino and Theme Park! Includes dining and a day at the Adventuredome for 2 for $140.
- Three consecutive nights in a 1-bedroom suite at the exclusive Sky Suites at the ARIA hotel in Las Vegas (double occupancy), Dinner for 2 at your choice of one of the many fine restaurants inside ARIA, including: Sage, Sirio Ristorante, AMERICAN FISH, Julian Serrano, or Jean Georges Steakhouse, Spa treatments for 2 at The Spa at ARIA, VIP tickets to Viva ELVIS™ by Cirque du Soleil®, Round-trip airport limo transfers (between McCarran Airport and Aria Resort & Casino) for $1625.
- Each of these Vegas deals has their own valid dates and details, so check each carefully. I will strongly be considering one of these deals as it may work out well for a Vegas trip we have planned this summer.
Thursday April 12th:
- Atlanta CityPass for $69 – 1 booklet of prepaid admission tickets to 5 Atlanta attractions.
- Chicago CityPass for $84 – 1 booklet of prepaid admission tickets to 5 Chicago attractions.
- San Fransisco CityPass for $69 – 1 booklet of prepaid admission tickets to 5 San Francisco attractions, plus a Muni & Cable Car 7-Day Transportation Passport.
- Seattle CityPass for $69 – 1 booklet of prepaid admission tickets to 6 Seattle attractions.
- New York CityPass for $89 – 1 booklet of prepaid admission tickets to 6 New York City attractions.
- Dates of Travel: Anytime through February 28, 2014.
Friday April 13th:
- 1 adult or child single-day admission to choice of either Busch Gardens, Florida or Busch Gardens, Virginia for $45.
- Expires on April 30, 2013.
- 1 single-day adult or child admission to choice of either: SeaWorld® Orlando, SeaWorld® San Diego, or SeaWorld® San Antonio for $45.
Do any of these deals sound good to you? What other deals are you hoping to see return next year?