I’m back home from our trip and catching up on laundry and miles and points deals – though I am guessing that everyone reading this is more interested in the latter. ;) So, while my laundry is drying, here are a few tidbits I have been interested today (just in case you missed them this week as well).
- There is a targeted 70,000 Ultimate Reward point Chase Sapphire Preferred offer that is getting sent out to some folks, so keep an eye on your mailbox to see if you are one of the lucky ones selected. The regular Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offer is 40,000 points after spending $3000 in three months, so this is a big increase! If you are fortunate enough to get this offer, I would jump on that offer in a heartbeat! Ultimate Reward points are my favorite type of point and that offer is worth close to $1,000 in my book. You can read more about this on Flyertalk or at Will Run For Miles. Since this is not a public offer, there isn’t much of a chance of getting Chase to match you to that offer unless you actually are targeted.
- There is a Ritz Carlton card offer that awards 70,000 points after first use, $200 airline incidental fee credit, three upgrades per year to the Ritz-Carlton Club® Level, $100 hotel credit on stays of at least two nights, and has the $395 annual fee waived the first year. This card is issued by Chase, which is a little sad since they seem to have all the great deals. It also seems to be intended for owner of the Ritz-Carlson residences, though that doesn’t seem to be stopping non-owners from applying. ;) Head over to One Mile at a Time for more details
- Enter to win free Hertz points! You can win 1,500 points by entering on my site. You can win 1,000 by heading over to the Frugal Travel Guy or Points, Miles, and Martinis.
- While we are on the topic of winning stuff for free, fellow BoardingArea blogger Very Good Points is hosting five days of giveaways, so if you want something for nothing, head over to her site! Sounds like some cool free stuff may be on its way!
- There is a meet-up today (Saturday) for anyone in the Houston area at the Pappasitos in North Houston. This is only a few miles from the Park Inn by Radisson hotel that many of us are “checking into” tomorrow night as part of the Club Carlson “Big Night Giveaway”. Head over the Milepoint for all the details. Look forward to seeing some of you there!
- I’m still in a Vegas state of mind, so wanted to share a pretty decent Mirage sale that is going on for the next day or so. We stayed at the Mirage on our most recent trip, and I may very well be taking advantage of the sale for a return trip I have coming up! Rooms can be booked in the $50 – $60 range for some nights well into 2013. There is a refundable and non-refundable rate available.
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for the regular Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offer, but not the other credit card offers mentioned. As always, thanks for your support!