Last week Hertz reached out to me to see if I would be interested in helping them “end the summer with a bang” and give away 3,000 more Hertz points for you to use however you wish! Um, yes please. No, I don’t keep any of the points or anything else from Hertz for myself. ;) I am always more than willing to give away Hertz points for two main reasons. First, they are extremely valuable points that are fairly hard to come by if you don’t have a bunch of Hertz rentals. Second, it is a company that I regularly use myself. In fact, despite some other great airline-mileage-earning car rental promos that are out there right now, I am still renting this week from Hertz. They had the best rate for what I needed, and I receive solidly consistent service from them. Plus, I like earning their points and I utilize my USAA benefits with their rentals.
Anyway, Hertz not only wants to help a family win 3,000 Hertz Gold Plus Reward Points* just in time for any last minute summer trips over Labor Day, but they also want to celebrate some of their accolades and additions from this past year. They are excited about adding the Porsche Panamera to their Hertz Prestige Collection at select locations (it technically seats four – how fun would that be?!), but they are also proud of the GMC Yukon Compressed Natural Gas vehicle (part of the Hertz Green Traveler Collection available at select locations) for those looking for a “greener” option. I actually love getting the Yukon when we rent an SUV because it has more than enough space for all our stuff!
Some other things they are pretty jazzed about are:
· The Best Car Rental Agency for the 13th time in Travel + Leisure Magazine’s “World’s Best Awards” for 2012, earning a spot in the first-ever Travel + Leisure “World’s Best Hall of Fame”
· Winner of Sustainable Practice (Hertz® Green Traveler Collection), Travel Personalization (Hertz® Gold Choice), and Traveler Productivity (Hertz® NeverLost® online trip planning) in Global Business Travel Association and Fast Company 2012 Business Traveler Innovation Awards
· The Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat’s 2012/13 U.S. Car Rental Survey (also earning top honors in 14 additional categories)
· The Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits in the first annual FlyerTalk Awards
· Using Hertz NeverLost, which according to Peter Greenberg is one of the “tried and true GPS navigators” that has “evolved into an information hub—you can also use it for flight status and weather information, and it’s even got a trip-planning tool.”
· Hertz ‘Carfirmations’, a mobile SMS text and email service that confirms a Gold member’s reservation and advises them of their car and location prior to arrival at the Hertz facility
· ‘Gold Choice’ which gives Gold members the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose a different car from the Gold Choice area
I’m easy to please, so I am just happy that they generally have cars that I feel safe driving, employees who are helpful, rates that are competitive, and points that are very valuable and easy to use! All those other things are just icing on the cake.
To enter, leave a comment in this post and tell us where you would you would like to take your family for Labor Day by August 24th at 11:59PM Central. One winner will be selected at random, and the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards will be deposited directly into their membership account (Not a Hertz Gold member? It’s free to join here and/or Hertz can work with you to set this up).
I also just found out that my friends over at Points, Miles and Martinis are also giving away 3,000 Hertz points – go enter there as well!
* Worth 2 free weekend rental days for a specialty vehicle (if used as an AnyDay reward (no black-out dates) or 4 free weekend rental days (if used as a Standard reward). Visit www.hertz.com for more details.