This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
A little while back I was contacted by Hyatt and asked if I would be a judge for their “Imagine the Possibilities” Facebook contest that launched today. I would be agreeing to help select three winners who would each receive 65,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points. Having the opportunity to help put Hyatt points in travelers’ pockets was something I could never turn down, so I happily agreed to help. Now that the contest has officially launched, I want to encourage everyone to take the time to enter. I usually host contests that are won by luck (a.k.a., a random number generator), but I really like the idea that the winner will be selected on merit, originality, etc. instead of a random number. Here are the relevant details for this contest:
- Open to Hyatt Facebook fans in the US.
- Build a dream three-day vacation between now and 11/16. Include where you would go, who you would bring with you, what you would do on your trip, what makes the trip special, and how you would use your Hyatt Gold Passport points to make the trip a reality.
- You can then share your entry with your Facebook friends and encourage them to vote for your submission. I know it is a little “spammy” to try and get your friends to vote for you, but it is for 65,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points! They’ll get over it.
- The ten entries with the most votes are then sent to the judges, Jeff Zidell (VP Hyatt Gold Passport Loyalty Program), Daraius from Million Mile Secrets, and myself.
- Three winners will then be selected to each receive 65,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points each!
I use Hyatt points all the time to make dream trips a reality for my family, so I think this contest is perfect. I have reservations over the next year at Hyatt hotels like the Park Hyatt Chicago, Andaz 5th Avenue in New York, Park Hyatt Zurich, Andaz Liverpool in London, Park Hyatt Tokyo, Grand Hyatt Kauai, and Hyatt Regency Maui. Most of those trips could not have happened without points, as the daily rates were outside what we could afford to pay out of pocket. I am excited about every one of those trips in a different way, but perhaps the one that is currently most exciting for me is the trip coming up in a couple months when we take our daughter to New York City to meet the real Santa at Macy’s on 34th Street. We will also be ice skating in front of the Rockefeller Tree, riding a carriage in Central Park, doing some Christmas shopping, etc. Basically it is our dream family vacation. We will be staying at the Andaz 5th Avenue on Hyatt points during a weekend in the holiday season in New York. It’s a dream for us that was made possible by Hyatt points. If I could enter, that would be my entry.
Of course I can’t enter, but you can and should! Head to Hyatt’s Facebook page to enter. As an added bonus they are providing me 22,000 Hyatt points to either keep or giveaway to a Mommy Points reader…I’m sure you can guess which option I chose. So, expect a 22,000 Hyatt point giveaway to come very soon.