Just a reminder that it is the time of year that we reap the benefits of the 7% annual points benefit on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.  On Flyertalk there are already reports from people who have had their February statements close, and they now have their 7% points bonus on points earned last year.  Woohoo!  My February statement has yet to close, so I still have a few days to wait for my points, but getting some “extra” Ultimate Reward points is always something to look forward to.

In July of 2012 a letter did go out that stated the 7% bonus will be paid on all new points earned on purchases made with the Chase Sapphire Preferred card during the previous year. For these purposes, “year” means the day after your December statement date one year, through the final date on the December statement the following year. It will post in January or February annually. However, the big “change” that letter announced is that the 7% bonus will not be earned on new account bonus points, annual points dividends from the previous year, points transferred into the account, or purchases that you returned.

There are mixed reports on people getting bonus points on their sign-up bonus, but it is possible those who are getting the 7% on the sign-up bonus got their card before the policy changed in the middle of 2012.  Either way, If you plan to cancel your Sapphire Preferred in the near future, I would highly recommend waiting until after you get your 7% annual bonus that will come this month.

Has your 7% bonus posted yet?  How many points did you get?  Do the points seem to have been calculated correctly?

Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links. As always, thanks for your support.

31 Responses to “The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card 7% Annual Points Bonuses Posting”

1. Angelina says:

My 7% bonus has not posted yet. I applied for the card in November 2011

2. Shane says:

I just checked my statement and my annual 7% points posted. Also included my sign up bonus from last year.

3. Chirag says:

Just posted

4. Robert says:

Hi Mommypoints! So, do you have knowledge if the bonus points earned via shopping in the UR Mall are included in the 7% dividend bonus?
    Thanks

5. Rich says:

Hey MP, my 7% posted including the dividend earned on my CSP 40k signup bonus. I got it in July 2012. Woohoo!

6. Joe says:

Not posted yet…

7. autolycus says:

Yikes… my February statement won’t close until the 23rd. I guess I still have a good while to wait to find out if I will get the 7% on the 50k signup bonus. I am not, FWIW, counting on it, but it’d be a nice surprise.

8. Joseph says:

I got mine today and I got the card in early January 2012, I can’t seem to figure out how many points I got total in order to figure out if I got the 7% correctly though and if it included the 50,000 point bonus.

9. Gabriel says:

I got 7% on the 50k signup bonus AS WELL AS points earned through the UR Mall. I signed up in Jan 2012

10. Jerome says:

My wife applied last year for the Sapphire, the 7% bonus miles just posted and it includes the 7% on the 50k signup bonus .

11. Jerome says:

Oh and like Gabriel mentioned, points earned through the UR Mall were also included in the 7% bonus.

12. dan says:

posted already. the annual fees came due as well. thinking about downgrading to regular sapphire.going to tran the points prior to calling them.

13. Chris says:

looks like 2x is the new 5x :) RIP

14. Bill H says:

Only signed up this past July. 7% Posted, including the 40K signup bonus for me.

15. Jeff L says:

I applied Sapphire in March 2012, and my 7% posted last night. The 7% bonus points included 50K signup bonus points too! I am going to cancel the card in a few days after using up the points (because the annual fees will be due next month)!

16. Kathy C says:

Looking forward to mine and hubby’s points to post. Can’t wait to see how much it is–I have no idea how much to expect. Love to UR points!

17. trvlguru says:

Yes, received my 297,000 bonus points last week.

18. MSPDeltaDude says:

I received my 234,302,203 last night as well.

19. David m says:

Got my 7,000 or so bonus point a few days ago. Transferred them to my United account immediately. The annual fee also posted, I sent them an email and my account has been closed.

20. Dave says:

I applied for my CSP in mid-late June 2012 (20th?) and my Feb statement hasn’t closed yet. I don’t remember receiving the 7% letter, but I hardly read those anyway. What are others’ experience who applied during this time?

21. Nick says:

Did not post yet. I got my card at the very end of 2011. I’m thinking it is way overdue.

22. RedHat says:

I got my Saphhire back in early March 2012 and the 7% bonus included the 50K signup bonus. Annual fee due next month and still debating whether to keep or close the account.

23. Redhat. You could always close it and if you decide you need the card. You could reapply in a yr or two?

24. IH says:

Hi-

I got the 7% on the bonus points too – but I did get the card in June so maybe it is as you said only after July opening does it go by the purchases.

25. John says:

Nice surprise, points posted!:

Rewards Summary Activity
    Previous points balance 133,184
    + 1 point per $1 earned on all purchases 3,594
    + 1 point per $1 earned on Dining 480
    + 1 point per $1 earned on Travel 98
    + 1 point per $1 on Ultimate Rewards Travel 0
    + Bonus points from Ultimate Rewards Mall 1,913
    + 7% Annual Points Dividend 8,816
    = Total points available for redemption 148,085

26. Jacob says:

Opened the card in March 2012, and received the 7% bonus on the 50K signup bonus.

27. Charlie says:

For those in a similar position as myself (annual fee hit but points didn’t post yet) remember that you have 60 days from the day the fee hits your account to cancel and get the fee reimbursed. So even those who had the fee hit in December may still be able to get the fee back.

28. Sam says:

Yay! I applied for the card in May 2012. My Feb statement just closed and I got the 7% on all my 2012 points–including the sign-up bonus. I didn’t expect that, but it’s a very nice surprise. Thanks for reminding us to check!

29. Kathy C says:

Mine posted today. I received less than I was expecting but it was calculated correct (I think). Unfortunately my sign up bonus had posted at the end of 2011. Got my bonus on spending and UR mall.

30. Babs says:

Yay! 7,809 bonus points posted – nice Chase!

Babs, awesome! Enjoy!