This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Apologies if you have already read about some of these updates elsewhere…this time zone difference being in Europe throws things off a bit for me in terms of normal posting times. However, I wanted to mention a couple things in case you have missed them.
- Return of the good Amex Sync promos. Update: this promo is now dead – congrats to those who got in! I love having my rewards credit cards work even harder to give me perks and benefits (and free money)! Right now they are offering a $25 Amex gift card for $15 if purchased via synched card on Twitter. To get things rolling, first Sync an Amex to Twitter (if you haven’t already), then follow these instructions:
- Tweet using #BuyAmexGiftCard25;
- Receive a response message from @AmexSync asking you to Tweet #ConfirmAmexGiftCard25;
- Confirm your purchase and authorize American Express to charge your Card by Tweeting #ConfirmAmexGiftCard25;
- Receive a response message from @AmexSync confirming successful purchase; AND
- Receive a confirmation email from American Express stating that the product has been purchased successfully, including all purchase details.
- The Milepoint Kiva Lending Team is having their second birthday today (Tuesday the 12th), and they want to lend a ton of money today to celebrate. They asked me to help spread the word that the team captains have pledged to match every loan up to a total of $17,500 today (total, not per loan). Not only can you help others around the word by lending $25 (or more) at a time, but an overwhelming percent of the time you get that money back. Some cards even count Kiva as a “charity donation” and give you 3x points for doing so….. You can read a previous post all about Kiva here. Come join me on the Milepoint Lending Team and have your loan go twice as far today thanks to the $17,500 match!
- Just in case you were curious, here are some quick thoughts from Europe….the Sheraton Heathrow isn’t near as bad as I had read, in fact we had a good stay there and were most grateful for the 10AM check-in after our flight from the US. We were upgraded to a Club Room, so that might have helped, but the blackout curtains were great and that was the most important requirement for us! Overnight flights from the East Coast to Western Europe are nowhere near long enough. Having a lie-flat seat is amazing, but I want more time to sleep in it (I know, what a problem to have, right?)! The Winning Post outside of Windsor (about 15 minutes total from Heathrow) was very delicious, and was the perfect cozy meal to enjoy indoors on a snowy night.