This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Here are a few fast updates from the ever-changing world of miles and points….
- As expected, American Airlines matched the British Airways promo that was announced earlier this week. If you fly in an eligible fare class from the U.S., Canada, or Mexico and Europe in First Class, Business Class or select Economy Class fares* on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia or OpenSkies flights then you get 20,000 bonus AAdvantage miles for each trip. On the fifth trip you get a bonus 100K miles! This promo is valid for travel from 3/18/13 – 5/31/13 and requires registration prior to booking a flight. The promo code is EURAA. Get all the details and register here.
- If you like contests and taking photos, then SPG is offering 100,000 SPG points for the winner of their spring photo contest. You can enter the contest on Instagram or Twitter by uploading an inspirational spring SPG travel related photo to Instagram or Twitter and including #SPGSPRINGWIN in the photo caption. Entrants must follow @SPG on either Instagram or Twitter. You must enter by April 5th. That is a ton of SPG points, so I just may enter myself if I can find a photo that would work. All the details for the contest are available here.
- Hilton HHonors has announced their second quarter promotion called the Daily Grand promotion. Registered HHonors members will earn 1,000 Bonus Points for each week night of their stay during the Promotion Period and 2,000 Bonus Points for each weekend night of their stay during the Promotion Period. For the purpose of this offer, “weekend night” is defined as Friday, Saturday, or Sunday for all regions except for hotels within the Middle East and Africa where “weekend night” is defined as Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points earned during the Promotion Period. This promo is valid at all Hilton resorts and hotels from April 1 to June 30, 2013.
- If you haven’t done so, you have two days left to enter a contest hosted on my site to win one of two $500 Club Carlson gift cards and elite status with Club Carlson for one year. Odds of winning are still pretty decent, especially if you enter via the comments section of that post (not this post) and Twitter.
- You now have the ability to book all Southwest and AirTran flights on a single ticket (other than the AirTran international destinations via Southwest as that is going to take longer). I reported on Monday that this functionality had dramatically improved, and it seems that was the day the magic switch flipped.