This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Today is the last day of April, so that means it is the last day for some various promos and deals in the miles and points world. Here’s a quick rundown of what ends today, so that you don’t accidentally miss out on anything that is important to you!
- Last day to purchase AviancaTaca LifeMiles at 100% bonus, which comes to 1.5 cents per mile. You can use these miles to book other Star Alliance award flights such as United, Lufthansa, Singapore, and more. Remember you must have already been an account holder since at least April 8th to get the bonus, and the max you can purchase to get the 100% bonus is 75K miles. Read this post for more details.
- Last day to register for the Hyatt Possibilities promo that runs until May 31st. I recommend registering even if you aren’t 100% sure you will use the promo since this is the deadline. You earn 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every three eligible nights, up to 45,000 bonus points.
- Registration is now open for the SPG Double Take promo that starts tomorrow and awards double SPG points on all eligible stays from May 1 through July 31, 2013, at more than 1,000 participating Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide.
- The US Airways promo that offers a 50% bonus on hotel points transferred in requires that the transfers have an activity date by today – 4/30. If you are in doubt as to whether your transfer will have an activity date of today I would pass, but at the very least today is the deadline to initiate the transfer. You can read more about that promo here or my experience specifically with my Wyndham points here.
- Some of the shopping portal payouts will update in the morning – let’s keep our fingers crossed for some good offers in May.
- Beginning May 1st the HHonors Amex cards will lose the 6x category bonus at drugstores. I believe the exact date of change is tied to your May statement date, but for some that will be as early as tomorrow. Might be time for one last visit to CVS at 6x is that is your sort of thing.
Please let me know if I have left any other major deadlines off!