This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
The next round of Daily Getaways are from Palazzo and Venetian hotels in Las Vegas. In case you are new to the Daily Getaways, they are daily deals for the next five weeks on discounted hotel stays, discounted points purchases, car rental deals, and more. The travel packages are provided by U.S. Travel Association, in cooperation with participating travel operators of the U.S. Travel Association and advertising support provided by American Express. To get an additional 10% off savings you must pay with any American Express card. Daily Getaways are only open to those who are US residents ages 18 and up (though some packages are for 21+). Here is a link to some tips for successfully purchasing these limited quantity deals.
Two nights in a Siena Suite Palazoo – $700 ($630 with 10% Amex discount):
- Two consecutive nights in a Siena Suite at The Palazzo Resort. Double occupancy. Includes room, tax and daily resort fee.
- See what amenities await you with the Siena Suite – approximately 1,280 square feet
- 42 available
Two nights in a Piazza View Suite at The Venetian – $550 ($495 with 10% Amex discount):
- Two consecutive nights in a Piazza View Suite at The Venetian. Double occupancy. Includes room, tax and resort fee.
- See what amenities await you with the Piazza View Suite – approximately 1,400 square feet
- 50 available
Terms applicable to both deals:
- Travel is valid through April 1, 2014. Blackout dates may apply and include June 11 & 12, 2013, December 28, 29, 30, & 31, 2013, and January 7 & 8, 2014.
- Certificate includes room, tax and resort fee. Incidentals are the responsibility of the guest.
- Subject to suite availability.
- Within 10 days of purchase, you will receive a certificate via email to the email address provided at purchase. This certificate will provide instructions on who to contact to book your stay.
I checked a few random nights for the Piazza View Suite and the price was often close to $400 per night + taxes and fees, so I do think that getting it for just two nights at just under $500 with the Amex discount is a reduced price. Whether or not you want to pay $250 per night for a suite in Vegas obviously will depend on your budget and desires, but the price does seem lower than the regular selling price by about 40 – 50%. The Siena Suite seemed to often be between $500 – $600 + taxes and fees, so the $630 discounted price for two nights also does seem like a genuine discount.
If you just want a good room in Vegas there are clearly much cheaper ways to do it than this deal. However, if you want one of these suites specifically then this does seem like a reasonable discount over the regular selling price.
These deals go on sale Thursday at 1PM Eastern on the Daily Getaways website. Have you stayed in one of these suites before? Will you be going for one of these deals?