In my family, the US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature is the little card that keeps on giving.  We got it during a pretty good limited time promo last year when the number of sign-up bonus points was tied to the number of medals the US won at the 2012 Olympics.  The standard bonus that is available right now is 17,500 FlexPoints after you spend $2,500 in net purchases on your card.  If you hit the spending requirement, that means you will have at least the 20,000 points necessary to redeem for an airline ticket worth up to $400.  The $49 annual fee is waived the first year.

I have continued to use it beyond when I met the requirements for the sign-up bonus as I really like having some fixed value points to use to “purchase” airfare.  This strategy makes sense when prices are low, the flight you want isn’t available using airline miles, or you want/need some of the elite benefits that come from flying on paid tickets.

I drained my FlexPerks account when I used the points to purchase about $700 worth of airfare earlier this year, so I have been working to get back to at least the 20,000 point threshold so that I can then redeem the points for a airline ticket worth around $400.  The 3,500 Flexpoint Neiman Marcus promo from a couple months ago helped, 3x on charity donations helps, using the card for our grocery purchases helps (since you earn 2x on either gas, groceries, airline travel, or cell phone expense depending on which is your highest expense), but this new 3,500 point promo also will help get my account balance closer to the magic 20k point mark!

I suspect this is a targeted offer, but if it is, it seems to be relatively widely targeted promo based on some messages I have received.

Use your FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature card for $750 in purchases from September 1 through October 31, 2013, and you’ll receive 3,500 bonus FlexPoints.

FlexPerks Promo Mommy Points

You can check and register for your promotions here.  We will have at least $750 in grocery purchases from September 1 – October 31st, so I will just continue putting purchases at grocery stores on this card and then those $750 in grocery charges will net the normal 1,500 FlexPerks points + the 3,500 bonus points.  Those 5,000 points will be worth up to $100 toward airfare once we get to the 20,000 point level.  Not bad for buying groceries that we were going to need anyway!

Were you targeted for this or a similar offer on your FlexPerks card?  How have you been using your FlexPerks card to rack up points?

Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my links.  As always, your support is appreciated.

12 Responses to “Earn 3,500 Bonus FlexPerks Points WIth Promo”

1. steve says:

Awesome, Thank you. I’m eligible for this promo.
    Since this card gets me 2x pts at grocery stores, that’s essentially a 3%+ return on grocery spending with no cap. I have started using this card a LOT because of that.

I’ve been using this card at grocery stores and just put it in my sock drawer because I spent $24k in a cardmember year (netting me an extra 3,500 flexperks to cover the annual fee). I’ve redeemed 20k since getting the card during the olympic promo, and after this promo I’ll be back up to 60k. 80k points (up to $1600 in airfare) is pretty lucrative for my spending.

2. AMC says:

I am in love with this card! I signed up during the Olympic promo last year and haven’t used it since I hit the minimum spend, except to buy a $50 Neiman Marcus gift card. I had signed up for a bank account, which gave me a 25% bonus on all of my spending. They also made a mistake and when I wrote them about it, they offered me 5,000 points. I now have almost 60,000 points and plan to use it for airfare.

3. Jamie says:

I wasn’t targeted for this promo, but had a similar one may-June.

4. Carl P says:

I got it also. I figure if I spend the $1500 plus about $500 more I can hit 50,000 mark for $1000. The rest was from the Olympic and NM promotions.

5. Carl P says:

Mine was 3,500 points for $1500 in spending.

6. calflygirl says:

Thanks for the interesting post. Do you find this card better than the Barclay Arrival with its 2.2% travel redemption? It looks like this card has a lower AF ($49 instead of $89). Any other significant differences you’ve found? I’m still in my first year of the Arrival, but I like it a lot, although I’ve noticed I don’t have much non-category spending between all my different cards so I don’t know if the AF is worth it. Thoughts?

7. Rajnish says:

AF came due y’day, called them to waive the fee, received 5000 points. Total spend was $4000.

8. Lilly says:

Just wondering, would gas purchased at say, Kroger, count as a grocery charge? Would gift cards bought in the grocery store be coded as a grocery purchase?

9. steve says:

@ Lilly – gift cards purchased at grocery stores are coded as grocery purchases. :)

Lilly, yes to the gift cards and probably no to the gas station.

11. […] In August, I saw Mommy Points post about a targeted offer for 3,500 points for spending $750. I was really upset that I was not targeted. […]

12. […] In August, I saw Mommy Points post about a targeted offer for 3,500 points for spending $750. I was really upset that I was not targeted. […]