This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
For busy folks who just want to get to the point, here is your Friday Miles and Points round-up in 60 seconds or less.
- Citi ThankYou® Preferred Rewards Card increased the sign-up bonus from 20,000 to 30,000 points. You now earn 20,000 points after $1,500 in purchases within the first 3 months, plus another 10,000 points after an additional $1,500 in purchases within the next 3 months. These points are worth $300 if you only have this card, but can be used at a rate of 1.25 cents each toward airfare if you also have the Citi ThankYou Premier Card. That would increase the value of this points to $375. This is not on my own personal “top deals” right now, but it may make sense for some of you. An increased sign-up bonus is always better than a decreased sign-up bonus! This card has no annual fee.
- Small Business Saturday is returning on November 30th. We don’t yet know what it will look like this year, but in years passed you registered for the promo and then got a $25 statement credit on each Amex you have when shopping a small business on the designated date. Authorized users with unique card numbers count for their own $25 statement credit. For those of us with multiple Amex cards, this resulted in a decent amount of “free” shopping!
- There is a new Choice Hotels promo that runs from September 5th to November 13th. After a second qualifying trip, you will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 and maximum of 8,000 bonus points, depending on how many base points were earned from your two (2) separate qualified stays. They advertize this as take two trips and earn a free night. Technically this is true, but your free night is based on a 8,000 point per night redemption, which will have you on the low end of the award chart. Still worth registering for if Choice stays are in your future.
- American Airlines is offering up to a 30% bonus on shared miles until October 10th. Sharing miles in this manner is generally a bad deal as you get charged a hefty fee for the right to move miles from one account to another (though here is a list of airlines and hotel that let you do it for free). However, if you really need to share American Airlines miles for some reason, then until October 10th the recipient gets a bonus based on the number of miles you share with them. If you share 50,000 miles, they will get a 30% bonus resulting in 65,000 total miles…and you will get to pay over $550 for the right to share.
- The Hyatt Andaz Maui at Wailea is open! Here is a video they released with shots from their opening ceremony, and stay tuned for a first hand report in the very near future. Until then, Aloha!
Disclosure: I do receive a commission if you are approved for a credit card using one of my affiliate links. As always, thanks for your support!