This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
You can often get 1,000 or 1,500 United miles for joining Rewards Network United MileagePlus Dining and completing the required amount of spending a participating restaurants. However, it is not all that common to get a bonus of 3,000 United miles for joining so this is a bonus to consider if there are some participating restaurants in your future.
Here are the details:
- Sign up for MileagePlus Dining using this link between September 12 – October 31st
- Complete one dine within 40 days of joining for $40 or more (including tax and tip) to get 1,500 bonus miles
- Complete a second dine of $40 or more within 40 days of joining (including tax and tip) to get an additional 1,500 miles
- Fill out a brief online review of the dines within 30 days of eating out
- These bonus miles are on top of the base miles you earn
If you don’t typically spend $40 a pop when eating out at the participating restaurants (which are limited in some areas – do a search on the dining site to see what is in your area), you can often buy a gift card at the restaurant to use over a number of visits. As long as the gift card purchase is for $40 or more that should work…and has for me in the past. Make sure that you pay with whatever credit card that you registered when you signed up for the program. Preferably you used a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred that gives a bonus for restaurant charges, so you will be earning even more per dollar spent!
What I love about this program is once you register your card(s), you don’t have to do anything additional other than eat out and earn points when you happen to eat at an eligible restaurant. It’s super easy and can be pretty lucrative during bonuses such as this one.