I’ve written several times about Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos and Hyatt Zilara Cancun, the new Hyatt all-inclusive resorts.  All-inclusive resorts are a brand new thing for Hyatt and the Hyatt Gold Passport program, so information on how this will all work has been a little slow to trickle out (and wasn’t always initially correct).  Even though I have already covered important details such as how many points the resorts will cost per night, I hadn’t yet found out for sure if you could use the two free nights sign-up bonus that you get after meeting the spending requirement on the Hyatt credit card until now.

I’m happy to report that you can use the two free nights that you get when signing up for the Hyatt Visa at these all-inclusives or any other Hyatt Hotel or Resort!  That is pretty great news as the Hyatt Zilara Cancun is 25,000 Hyatt points per night for two adults, which makes it currently the most expensive points redemption on the Hyatt award chart.  If you were going to stay there on Hyatt points, it can make more sense to use the free night certificates if you have them available.  To get the best sign-up bonus for the card try making a reservation at Hyatt.com and see if you get a offer to pop up!

The Hyatt credit card also comes an annual free night certificate at renewal that you can use at a Category 1-4 hotel, and those are not eligible for use at these resorts since they aren’t Category 1-4 properties.

Additionally, they have outlined the exact Diamond benefits that will and won’t apply at these resorts.  Perks like free internet and free breakfast aren’t really applicable here since those things are already included for everyone (the same way they are at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House).  Here are the Diamond perks that do and don’t apply at the new all-inclusive resorts:

Applicable Diamond benefits:

• best room available
  • club access if a club exists
  • four suite upgrades annually on paid stays
  • welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity
  • nightly room refresh
  • confirmed bed type at check-in
  • 4 p.m. late check out request
  • 30% point bonus

Excluded Diamond benefits:

• 48-hour room guarantee
  • Expedited check-in at a dedicated area for elite members

I’m excited about being able to use points at these new resorts, but do wish that they would adjust the current extra person points charge over double occupancy (12.5k at Zilara and 10k at Ziva).  I don’t think this is as big of a deal at the adults-only Zilara, but for a family of four at the family-friendly Ziva resort this doubles the price per night from 20,000 to 40,000 points for two adults and two children.  Children under 3 are free, but any child 3 and up prices the same as an adult.  Children do impact the cash rate, but two children do not double the cash rate the way they do the points price.  If you are traveling to the Los Cabos property with two children, it is the same price to simply book two award rooms as to put four people in one room, so keep that in mind when making your plans.

Hyatt All-Inclusive Rates Mommy Points

Let me know if y’all have any other outstanding questions about these resorts and I will do my best to get you an answer from Hyatt!

14 Responses to “Can You Use Your Free Hyatt Credit Card Nights at All-Inclusive Properties?”

1. Al says:

can you please keep us updated once somebody is successfully able to book the zilara? i have been trying online and phone and no luck for any date in 2013 or 2014.

2. Lynn says:

If you use the 2 free night certificates, is that for 2 people only? If you brought kids, whould you need extra points to cover that?

3. David says:

What type of room will the “Suite” be in Cancun…any thoughts?

4. Kathy C says:

So glad you posted this because I had been digging around the Hyatt site a couple of days ago trying to figure this out. I just got the hubby the card so we have the two nights that are burning a whole in my pocket, LOL. I wanted to make good use of them too, not just a cheap redemption and this looks like a good use for those certificates. If I get the card, wonder if we can combine them for atleast a four day trip. We’ll have enough UR points to transfer to Hyatt to add a couple of days. Looks like a fun place.

Al, I was told that if the daily rate is showing for a standard room you should be able to book on points. I have heard others who have booked…but you can’t do it online. You should be able to do it over the phone, or PM Hyatt Conceirge on Flyertalk to help.

I have a question into Hyatt asking for clarification on what happens if a family of four redeems the free Hyatt nights at the Los Cabos resort.

7. Al says:

i did and he has not come back with successful answer

There are multiple people who fill that roll so as annoying as it is, perhaps try again. I’ve also asked when the option to use points online might work.

9. Jacki says:

Have you ever churned the Hyatt Visa? I canceled mine a couple years ago. Should have kept it for the anniversary night but…

10. […] Can You Use Your Free Hyatt Credit Card Nights at All-Inclusive Properties? […]

11. josh says:

i am going to cancun on jan 12th, if i apply for the card today and spend the 1k by the end of nov the points wont post until dec, do you think they will still have availability then or is that to close to my stay date?

Josh, no way to know for sure, but if there are standard rooms still for sale you will be able to get it with points!

13. Aaron says:

I’ve been looking at this card for a while, and love the idea of using the 2 Free Nights at someplace like Maldives. When I click on your link, or others, to signup for this card; the small prints says the 2 free award nights are only for Category 1. The Anniversary night are Category 1-4. Did this change recently, or do they say that and not enforce it? Please let me know. 2 Free Nights @ a $1200/night place is much more appealing than $150/night @ Category 1.

14. John says:

Has anyone had success actually booking this? I have gone through multiple reps locally all saying it is unavailable for reward certs, local hotel reservations, not able to confirm. This doesn’t exactly seem ironed out at all